calldll for Python 2.5

Larry Bates

May 16, 2007, 11:35:10 AM5/16/07
I've implemented several libraries using calldll (originally on
Python 2.2) and posted recipe on ASPN for a general implementation
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/146847.
If I were doing it over again today, I would use ctypes, but I
have thousands of lines of library code that are dependent on
calldll. Anyone out there have a version that works with Python
2.5 so I don't have to a massive rewrite?

Thanks in advance,
Larry

Thomas Heller

May 16, 2007, 12:16:45 PM5/16/07
to pytho...@python.org
Larry Bates schrieb:

Can't you write a calldll replacement with ctypes?

Thomas

Robin Becker

May 16, 2007, 12:45:07 PM5/16/07
to pytho...@python.org
Thomas Heller wrote:
> Larry Bates schrieb:
> Can't you write a calldll replacement with ctypes?
>

> Thomas

I just tried and the latest calldll compiles pretty much out of the box and so I
sent him the pyd. Just more legacy code; eventually calldll won't compile and
then the conversion will be forced anyhow.
--
Robin Becker