reading a config file

1 view

s999999...@yahoo.com

Nov 3, 2005, 10:02:00 PM11/3/05
hi
i used ConfigParser to read a config file. I need the config file to
have identical sections. ie :

[server]
blah = "some server"
[destination]
blah = "some destination"
[end]
end= ''

[server]
blah = "some other server"
[destination]
blah = "some other destination"
[end]
end=''

and i need to check that every 'server' and 'destination' is followed
by 'end'

if i used the 'sections' method, it always show 'server' and
'destination' and 'end'. how can i iterate all the sections. ie..

for s in cfg.sections():
do something...

or is naming all the sections with different names is a better option?
thanks

Larry Bates

Nov 4, 2005, 9:47:38 AM11/4/05
to s999999...@yahoo.com
When I need something like this I have employed the following:

[server_001]
blah = "some server"
destination="some destination"

[server_002]

blah = "some other server"

destination="some other destination"

[server_linux1]

blah = "some other server"

destination="some other destination"

Then I do something like this:

import ConfigParser
INI=ConfigParser.ConfigParser()
INI.read(inifilename)
serversections=[x for x in INI.sections if x.startswith('server_')]
for serversection in serversections:
servername=serversection.split('_')[1]
#
# Code to operate on the servers here