RDF parsing with php ( simplexml ? )

matt...@mattelau.net

Oct 15, 2007, 4:23:14 AM10/15/07
Hi all,

Here is an XML file I'd like to parse with php.
It's a mozilla install.rdf file.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RDF:RDF xmlns:em="http://www.mozilla.org/2004/em-rdf#"
xmlns:NC="http://home.netscape.com/NC-rdf#"
xmlns:RDF="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
<RDF:Description RDF:about="urn:mozilla:install-manifest"
em:id="id1"
em:name="name1"
em:version="v1"
em:creator="creator1"
em:description="desc1"
em:homepageURL="home1"
em:updateURL="update1"
em:iconURL="icon1">
<em:targetApplication RDF:resource="rdf:#$b0tbb"/>
</RDF:Description>
<RDF:Description RDF:about="rdf:#$b0tbb"
em:id="id2"
em:minVersion="2.0"
em:maxVersion="2.0.0.*" />
</RDF:RDF>

How would you do that ?
( I'd like for example, to get the version associated with id1 )

Thanks in advance !

NC

Oct 15, 2007, 1:50:17 PM10/15/07

You wouldn't. Not with SimpleXML anyway. SimpleXML takes an XML file
or string and converts it into an object. In RDF, however, XML
entities' names contain colons, which are illegal in PHP variable
names. You could try and replace colons with underscores, so you
would get something like this:

$RDF = file_get_contents('install.rdf');
$RDF = str_replace('RDF:', 'RDF_', $RDF);
$RDF = str_replace('em:', 'em_', $RDF);
$XML = simplexml_load_string($RDF);
foreach ($XML->RDF_Description as $num => $description) {
$attributes = $description->attributes();
if (isset($attributes['em_id'])) {
echo "ID = {$attributes['em_id']}; version =
{$attributes['em_version']}";
}
}

Best regards,