asp.net to php

hmm

Apr 7, 2008, 2:36:53 PM4/7/08
I want to create a process on asp.net that, by interaction on a .aspx page a
process is fired off that creates and sends a file via https: to a URL which
is a php page.

The php page will insure that the file is from an approved source, capture
it, and process it. (Because the source is only one particular web site,
perhaps it's safe to allow all from the source IP addr of the web site.)

Ideas on how to best accomplish this?

RhythmAddict

Apr 7, 2008, 3:10:50 PM4/7/08

Could be wrong here - but...I don't think ASP.NET is going to
distinguish much between HTTP & HTTPS. You could probably work from
this article (http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/102605-1.aspx)
and focus on just creating the HTTP request if you haven't already.

Also a question, I'm confused on one thing...is this PHP page built or
do you have to build it? It's probably best to verify something other
than just the source IP, at least some basic file/size or a
checksum...shouldn't be too hard, but focus on the above, first.

hmm

Apr 8, 2008, 10:47:51 AM4/8/08
Yes, I need to create the php page. I'm yet sure how to go about creating a
php page that automatically processes a file.

"RhythmAddict" <sanjay...@gmail.com> wrote in message

RhythmAddict

Apr 10, 2008, 6:11:30 PM4/10/08
On Apr 8, 10:47 am, "hmm" <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> Yes, I need to create the php page. I'm yet sure how to go about creating a
> php page that automatically processes a file.
>
> "RhythmAddict" <sanjay.ut...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Apr 7, 2:36 pm, "hmm" <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> >> I want to create a process on asp.net that, by interaction on a .aspx
> >> page a
> >> process is fired off that creates and sends a file via https: to a URL
> >> which
> >> is a php page.
>
> >> The php page will insure that the file is from an approved source,
> >> capture
> >> it, and process it. (Because the source is only one particular web site,
> >> perhaps it's safe to allow all from the source IP addr of the web site.)
>
> >> Ideas on how to best accomplish this?
>
> > Could be wrong here - but...I don't think ASP.NET is going to
> > distinguish much between HTTP & HTTPS. You could probably work from
> > this article (http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/102605-1.aspx)
> > and focus on just creating the HTTP request if you haven't already.
>
> > Also a question, I'm confused on one thing...is this PHP page built or
> > do you have to build it? It's probably best to verify something other
> > than just the source IP, at least some basic file/size or a
> > checksum...shouldn't be too hard, but focus on the above, first.

I don't really have any background in PHP, but this sounds do-able.
Work from the ASP.NET article to create an HTTP/S request
successfully. Then just work do create the PHP file that processes
(not sure how that's defined in this context) Then see if you can look
at things like this (http://bytes.com/forum/thread8657.html) that'll
help you understand the best/easiest way for you to run a checksum on
the files youre pushing from ASPNET to PHP.

Also, I'm not sure if this is an option but you can probably ignore
doing all of that if you can insert the file (or what you need from
the file) into a Binary column of a DB....then just have the PHP go
get it. Just seems easier to me but I'm not sure what constraints
youre working within here.

Cheers,

NC

Apr 10, 2008, 8:11:11 PM4/10/08
On Apr 7, 11:36 am, "hmm" <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> I want to create a process on asp.net that, by interaction on a .aspx
> page a process is fired off that creates and sends a file via https:
> to a URL which is a php page.

Why bother with the file? Just send raw data in a POST request...

> The php page will insure that the file is from an approved source,
> capture it, and process it. (Because the source is only one
> particular web site, perhaps it's safe to allow all from the source
> IP addr of the web site.)
>
> Ideas on how to best accomplish this?

On the requesting (ASP.Net) side, you will need to use HttpWebRequest
and HttpWebResponse classes:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.net.httpwebrequest.aspx
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.net.httpwebresponse.aspx

On the responding (PHP) side, it's not going to be any different from
handling a form submission.

Cheers,
NC

hmm