pretty printing HTML output?

Guenther Schmidt

May 4, 2005, 7:40:01 AM5/4/05

is it possible to have PHP pretty print the HTML output?

Günther

micha

May 4, 2005, 8:05:04 AM5/4/05

php runs on the server, so if your server has a printer and you can
print anything there with php.

if you want your visitors to have nice prints of html pages, it is a
browser issue and got nothing to do with php at all.
have a look at css and the media attribute.

micha

Tim Van Wassenhove

May 4, 2005, 10:28:32 AM5/4/05
On 2005-05-04, Guenther Schmidt <gue.s...@web.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to have PHP pretty print the HTML output?

As already mentionned, printing is usually not done by PHP. (Although
there is a Win32 printer extension i think http://www.php.net/printer)

But if you mean, clean up the PHP output, you might want to have a look
at the Tidy extension. (http://www.php.net/tidy)

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Tim Van Wassenhove <http://www.timvw.info>

madmaster

May 4, 2005, 11:25:11 AM5/4/05
inf not available at your host... try adding \n & \t manually. Rubish
but yet a solution.

Andy Hassall

May 4, 2005, 3:17:22 PM5/4/05
On Wed, 04 May 2005 13:40:01 +0200, Guenther Schmidt <gue.s...@web.de>
wrote:

>is it possible to have PHP pretty print the HTML output?

A couple of pretty printers that I've got bookmarked are:

http://qbnz.com/highlighter/
http://webcpp.sourceforge.net/

First one is PHP, second's one's C so you'd have to spawn a process.

--
Andy Hassall / <an...@andyh.co.uk> / <http://www.andyh.co.uk>
<http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space> Space: disk usage analysis tool