Request For Comments: Win32::GUITest

ern...@acm.org

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
to ern...@acm.org
Most GUI test scripts I've seen/written for Win32 use some variant of Visual
Basic (e.g. MS-VB or MS-Visual Test). The main reason is the availability of
the SendKeys function.

A nice way to drive Win32 programs from a test script is to use OLE Automation
(ActiveX Scripting), but not all Win32 programs support this interface. That's
where SendKeys comes handy.

Some time ago Al Williams published a Delphi version in Dr. Dobb's
(http://www.ddj.com/ddj/1997/careers1/wil2.htm). I ported it to C and
packaged it using h2xs...

The tentative name for this module is Win32::GUITest (mostly because I plan to
include more GUI testing functions).

Any comments are welcome. You can get a working version from:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Garage/7846/perl/

The latest version is

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Garage/7846/perl/win32-test-0-1.tgz

--