Jouke Visser, author of Speech::Synthesis

Peter Billam

May 18, 2013, 11:43:18 PM5/18/13
Greetings. Jouke Visser's CPAN module
http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Speech::Synthesis
provides a generic interface for different TTS Engines.
That would be good, but it was last updated in 2005 and only supports:
MSAgent, SAPI4 and SAPI5 (Win32), MacSpeech and Festival
so it doesn't yet know about espeak ... The visually-impaired
community has too many of these half-abandoned projects :-(
It should be fairly easy to use the Speech::eSpeak module:
http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Speech::eSpeak
to give it espeak, though...

I haven't been able to contact Jouke Visser (are you here, Jouke?)
and if he's actually disappeared, then is there a
procedure for someone to adopt this module in CPAN ?

Regards, Peter

--
Peter Billam www.pjb.com.au www.pjb.com.au/comp/contact.html

Jouke Visser

Nov 18, 2013, 1:22:02 PM11/18/13
replying to Peter Billam , Jouke Visser wrote:
Hi Peter,

> I haven't been able to contact Jouke Visser (are you here, Jouke?)
I'm here! It's been quite a while since I've been involved in anything for
the Perl community, but I'm back again :) You can contact me privately and
I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,

Jouke

Peter Billam

Nov 20, 2013, 6:43:59 PM11/20/13
On 2013-11-18, Jouke Visser wrote:
> You can contact me privately and I'll see what I can do.

Hi Jouke, I emailed your address at studio-mv.nl - did you get that ?
If not, email me at the address given on:
http://www.pjb.com.au/comp/contact.html