possible Speech::Speakup module ?

Peter Billam

Apr 8, 2013, 8:20:54 PM4/8/13
Greetings.

Speakup is a screen-reader that runs on Linux as a kernel module.
A screen-reader allows blind or visually-impaired people to hear text
as it appears on the screen, and to review text already displayed
anywhere on the screen.

I haven't submitted it to CPAN yet, but I've written a small Perl
module for the getting and setting speakup parameters. It offers the
routines speakup_get(), speakup_set(), synth_get() and synth_set().
When called with parameters and values, they get and set as
you'd expect; and when called with no arguments, they return
a list of the available parameters. For example:
use Speech::Speakup qw(speakup_set synth_set);
speakup_set('silent', 7); # impose silence
synth_set('punct', 2); # change punctuation-level

This is not related to the Speech::eSpeak CPAN module; espeak is
one of the several TTS engines that the Speakup screen-reader
can be configured to use.

Any objections to me using the name Speech::Speakup ?

Regards, Peter

--
Peter Billam www.pjb.com.au www.pjb.com.au/comp/contact.html