Free perl interpreter

Michael Farragher

Apr 1, 2001, 3:14:57 PM4/1/01
Can anyone suggest where I can get a free perl interpreter from ?

TIA,

Michael Farragher

Ðyl@ñ

Apr 1, 2001, 3:26:17 PM4/1/01
FAQ u.

"Michael Farragher" <mi...@farragher77.freeserve.co.uk> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:9a7uol$v0h$1...@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...

nob...@mail.com

Apr 1, 2001, 3:54:27 PM4/1/01
"Michael Farragher" <mi...@farragher77.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

> Can anyone suggest where I can get a free perl interpreter from ?

Off of the web - a few clicks away from at the blindingly obvious
URL. You know http:/www.XXXX.com/ ... but replace XXXX with, well
I'll let you guess.

Or are you looking for an off-line source?

--
\\ ( )
. _\\__[oo

Tad McClellan

Apr 1, 2001, 6:47:03 PM4/1/01
Michael Farragher <mi...@farragher77.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>Can anyone suggest where I can get a free perl interpreter from ?

Where have you looked?

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
ta...@augustmail.com Perl programming

Andras Malatinszky

Apr 1, 2001, 8:03:34 PM4/1/01

Michael Farragher wrote:

A totally free interpreter may be hard to come by, but for only $19.99,
I'll sell you my gently used copy of Perl. And for just $99 more, I can
throw in a bridge, if you are interested in New York City real estate.

bowman

Apr 1, 2001, 9:13:02 PM4/1/01

Michael Farragher <mi...@farragher77.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> Can anyone suggest where I can get a free perl interpreter from ?

www.danglingpreposition.org

Logan Shaw

Apr 1, 2001, 10:54:33 PM4/1/01
In article <PhQx6.585$584....@newsfeed.slurp.net>,

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which we
will not put." (Winston Churchill)

Actually, supposedly the Oxford English Dictionary has now changed
their opinion, i.e. it's something they approve of.

- Logan
--
whose? my your his her our their _its_
who's? I'm you're he's she's we're they're _it's_

Pierre-Alain Fayolle

Apr 2, 2001, 6:55:00 AM4/2/01
If you are under Windows try Active State Perl: www.activestate.com
If you are under Linux you can too use Active State Perl, but generaly there
is a Perl environment with your distribution.
If you are under mac try MacPerl, I think you will find it via www.perl.com,
the official web site of the perl mongers.

Jesse Sheidlower

Apr 2, 2001, 11:09:19 AM4/2/01
In article <9a8pl9$5r6$1...@boomer.cs.utexas.edu>,

Logan Shaw <lo...@cs.utexas.edu> wrote:
>In article <PhQx6.585$584....@newsfeed.slurp.net>,
>bowman <bow...@montana.com> wrote:
>>
>>Michael Farragher <mi...@farragher77.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Can anyone suggest where I can get a free perl interpreter from ?
>>
>>www.danglingpreposition.org
>
>"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which we
> will not put." (Winston Churchill)
>
>Actually, supposedly the Oxford English Dictionary has now changed
>their opinion, i.e. it's something they approve of.

Actually, the Oxford English Dictionary does not discuss the issue,
but if it did, it would merely discuss the history of its usage;
the OED is not in the business of approving grammatical constructions.

Jesse Sheidlower
<jes...@panix.com>

Jay Flaherty

Apr 2, 2001, 11:15:44 AM4/2/01
"Pierre-Alain Fayolle" <fay...@enseirb.fr> wrote in message

> If you are under mac try MacPerl, I think you will find it via
www.perl.com,
> the official web site of the perl mongers.

The official site of the perl mongers is http://www.pm.org/

jay

Brad Baxter

Apr 2, 2001, 11:19:21 AM4/2/01

Logan Shaw

Apr 2, 2001, 1:13:50 PM4/2/01
In article <9aa4mv$8u4$1...@panix2.panix.com>,

Sure enough, the OED web site says their goal is to be descriptive
rather than prescriptive. I may have been thinking of "The Oxford
Guide to English Usage"[1]. That'll teach me to post something based
on what I remember reading in the news.

- Logan

[1] See http://www.oup-usa.org/isbn/0192800248.html .

Misanthrope

Apr 3, 2001, 11:40:11 PM4/3/01

Nice April Fools joke. Half a dozen people went for it.