Perl script to exe

jis

Jun 15, 2013, 5:46:56 AM6/15/13
I have used perl2exe on windows xp platform to convert perl script to exe.

But since windows 7, it has not been dependable.

par pp also do not look like it works on all windows 7 machines.

I have googled it and didnt find anyting significant.

Please let me know what you guys use on windows 7 platform to get it working..

thanks
jis

jis

Jun 17, 2013, 3:26:09 AM6/17/13

Since nobody replied to message yet, I have to ask for another help.

How do i run a standalone created on 64 bit wndows 7 run on a 32 bit windows 7.

I get an incompatibility errror when i do this..

thanks,
jis

jis

Jun 17, 2013, 3:28:24 AM6/17/13
Forgot to mention that Im using Par pp..

Ben Morrow

Jun 17, 2013, 10:55:52 AM6/17/13
Please don't double-space your quotes. I know Google does it by default;
please either find out how to turn it off or stop using Google.

Please don't reply to yourself. Instead, take a little more time before
posting in the first place to make sure you've mentioned everything
relevant.

Quoth jis <jism...@gmail.com>:
> On Monday, June 17, 2013 12:56:09 PM UTC+5:30, jis wrote:
> > On Saturday, June 15, 2013 3:16:56 PM UTC+5:30, jis wrote:
> > >
> > > I have used perl2exe on windows xp platform to convert perl
> > > script to exe. But since windows 7, it has not been dependable.
> > > par pp also do not look like it works on all windows 7 machines. I
> > > have googled it and didnt find anyting significant. Please let me
> > > know what you guys use on windows 7 platform to get it working..
> >
> > Since nobody replied to message yet, I have to ask for another
> > help. How do i run a standalone created on 64 bit wndows 7 run on a
> > 32 bit windows 7. I get an incompatibility errror when i do this..
>
> Forgot to mention that Im using Par pp..

If you've created a 64-bit executable then I don't think you can. The
only OS I know of that will run 64-bit executables on a 32-bit OS is Mac
OS.

Ben

Jürgen Exner

Jun 17, 2013, 12:02:33 PM6/17/13
jis <jism...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Monday, June 17, 2013 12:56:09 PM UTC+5:30, jis wrote:
>> On Saturday, June 15, 2013 3:16:56 PM UTC+5:30, jis wrote:
>>
>> > I have used perl2exe on windows xp platform to convert perl script to exe.
[seven empty lines deleted. Please don't add random empty lines, it
makes reading your text rather difficult]

What goal are you trying to achive by using perl2exe (there could be
several, and alternative solutions would depend upon what you actully
trying to achive).

>> > But since windows 7, it has not been dependable.
[seven empty lines deleted. Please don't add random empty lines, it
makes reading your text rather difficult]

perl2exe never was dependable but has alway been a crutch with better
alternatives for most purposes.

>> > Please let me know what you guys use on windows 7 platform to get it working..
[seven empty lines deleted. Please don't add random empty lines, it
makes reading your text rather difficult]

That depends upon what "it" really is.

>> How do i run a standalone created on 64 bit wndows 7 run on a 32 bit windows 7.
[three empty lines deleted. Please don't add random empty lines, it
makes reading your text rather difficult]
>> I get an incompatibility errror when i do this..
[three empty lines deleted. Please don't add random empty lines, it
makes reading your text rather difficult]

Not surprising. Usually you cannot run a 64-bit executable on a 32-bit
OS.

jue

Tim McDaniel

Jun 17, 2013, 12:48:58 PM6/17/13
In article <9dcur89hjorisng63...@4ax.com>,
J_rgen Exner <jurg...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>[seven empty lines deleted. Please don't add random empty lines, it
>makes reading your text rather difficult]

I gather that Google is starting to do that. I have not heard that
people control that -- but to anyone along the way who is able to
remove them (Google users when replying, say), please do so.

--
Tim McDaniel, tm...@panix.com

Peter Arnhold

Jun 20, 2013, 4:53:42 AM6/20/13
Use Windows 64-bit, perl 32-bit and perl2exe 32-bit. Created files are
running on Win7 32-bit. I do it almost every day.

Peter

jaialai.t...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2013, 3:25:15 PM6/20/13
I prefer Active States Perl Dev kit for this sort of thing.
Works great!
I'd go with that unless you are averse or unable to pay money for software.
http://www.activestate.com/perl-dev-kit

jis

Jun 21, 2013, 1:20:05 PM6/21/13
Peter,
Can you try to convert the following script for 32 bit platform from window 7 64 bit please??

use strict;
use Net::SFTP::Foreign;
use Net::SFTP::Foreign::Constants qw (:flags);
use Net::SMTP;
use File::Basename;
use Sys::Hostname;
use File::Compare;
my $temp="temp.txt";

my $file = $ARGV[1];
my $remote = $ARGV[2];
my $remoteIpAddress=$ARGV[0] ;

my $SFTP_user="user";
my $SFTP_password="pwd";
my $SFTP_host=$remoteIpAddress;
my %args = (backend => 'Net_SSH2',
username => $SFTP_user,
password => $SFTP_password);

$Net::SFTP::Foreign::debug = 0;

my $sftp = Net::SFTP::Foreign->new($SFTP_host,%args) or
die "Unable to connect to $SFTP_host : $!\n";

while(1)
{
open(INF,"<".$file);
binmode INF;
$sftp->put(\*INF,$remote);
die "Error transferring $file to $SFTP_host::$remote\n".$sftp->status() if $sftp->error;
close(INF);
print "$file transfered to $SFTP_host\n";
sleep(1);
$sftp->get($remote,$temp, numbered => 1) or die "file transfer failed: " . $sftp->error;
if (compare($file,$temp) == 0)
{
print "File read back- found equal\n";
}
else
{
print "File read back- found NOTequal\n";
}
unlink $temp;
print "Removing file: $remote\n";
$sftp->remove($remote);

die "Error removing file from $remote\n".$sftp->status() if $sftp->error;

sleep(1);
}

$sftp = undef;

Henry Law

Jun 21, 2013, 1:42:45 PM6/21/13
On 21/06/13 18:20, jis wrote:
> Can you try to convert the following script for 32 bit platform from window 7 64 bit please??
>
> use strict;
> useNet::SFTP::Foreign;
> useNet::SFTP::Foreign::Constants qw (:flags);
> useNet::SMTP;
> use File::Basename;
> use Sys::Hostname;
> use File::Compare;
> my $temp="temp.txt";
>
> my $file = $ARGV[1];

... etc

Where is the architecture-dependent code in this program?

--

Henry Law Manchester, England

J�rgen Exner

Jun 21, 2013, 1:56:39 PM6/21/13
jis <jism...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Thursday, June 20, 2013 2:23:42 PM UTC+5:30, Peter Arnhold wrote:

Is there a specific reason why you have 7 empty lines here?

Is there a specific reason why you have 7 empty lines here?

Is there a specific reason why you have 7 empty lines here?

Is there a specific reason why you have 7 empty lines here?

Is there a specific reason why you have 11 empty lines here?

Over 30 quoted blank lines with 5 lines of quoted text interspersed.
Is there a specific reason for that madness?

jue