www::mechanize for windows 2k using ActiveState Perl v 5.8.0

Yogi

Feb 14, 2008, 5:14:32 AM2/14/08
I have been struggling to use www::mechanize for one of my script.
The version of activestate perl i have (v5.8.0) does not provide
www::mechanize as standard distribution. I read in some of the links
that I will have to download "WWW-Mechanize-1.34.tar.gz" from CPAN and
then install it in my machine. While doing the process, there are
certain steps like:
> perl Makefile.pl
> make
My understanding is that "make" is the utility available in Linux/Unix
OS but not in windows. Some document suggest to use "nmake" instead of
"make" for windows. will anyone suggest me the steps to install
required module from CPAN to my activestate version?

Very thanks in advance.

Yogi

Feb 14, 2008, 7:51:51 AM2/14/08

Hi Guys,
I got the answer to my question. Got nmake utility from "http://
download.microsoft.com/download/vc15/Patch/1.52/W95/EN-US/Nmake15.exe"
and also figured out how to use CPAN modules.
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=434813

Many thanks,
-Y

J. Gleixner

Feb 14, 2008, 11:48:31 AM2/14/08
Yogi wrote:
> On Feb 14, 3:14 pm, Yogi <yogeshkagra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have been struggling to use www::mechanize for one of my script.
>> The version of activestate perl i have (v5.8.0) does not provide
>> www::mechanize as standard distribution. [...]

> Hi Guys,
> I got the answer to my question. Got nmake utility from "http://
> download.microsoft.com/download/vc15/Patch/1.52/W95/EN-US/Nmake15.exe"
> and also figured out how to use CPAN modules.
> http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=434813

Might also want to take the time now to upgrade to a more
recent version. 5.8.0 had a few bugs that were resolved
in later releases.

Ben Morrow

Feb 14, 2008, 7:01:19 PM2/14/08

Quoth Yogi <yogeshk...@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
> I have been struggling to use www::mechanize for one of my script.
> The version of activestate perl i have (v5.8.0) does not provide
> www::mechanize as standard distribution. I read in some of the links
> that I will have to download "WWW-Mechanize-1.34.tar.gz" from CPAN and
> then install it in my machine. While doing the process, there are
> certain steps like:
<snip>

When using ActivePerl, it is usually easier to install modules using ppm
than directly from CPAN. Apart from anything else, some modules require
a C compiler to build, and you probably don't have MSVC. Newer versions
of ppm have a rather nice GUI; older version only have a command-line
interface; see the documentation installed in c:\perl\html.

Ben