Goodbye, Tad McClellan

Randal L. Schwartz

May 3, 2012, 12:16:22 PM5/3/12

Longtime friend and senior Stonehenge trainer and manager Tad McClellan
lost his battle with lung cancer on Sunday. Rest in peace, my friend.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dfw/obituary.aspx?n=tad-jeffrey-mcclellan&pid=157408300

<mer...@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>

Ben Morrow

May 3, 2012, 12:43:26 PM5/3/12

Quoth mer...@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz):

> Longtime friend and senior Stonehenge trainer and manager Tad McClellan
> lost his battle with lung cancer on Sunday. Rest in peace, my friend.

While I never knew Tad in person, his presence here greatly increased
the quality of this group. In particular, his patient but firm manner
with newcomers was something any newsgroup regular could stand to learn
from.

My condolences to his family; he will be sorely missed.

Ben

Eli the Bearded

May 3, 2012, 6:08:21 PM5/3/12
In comp.lang.perl.misc, Randal L. Schwartz <mer...@stonehenge.com> wrote:
> Longtime friend and senior Stonehenge trainer and manager Tad McClellan
> lost his battle with lung cancer on Sunday. Rest in peace, my friend.

Sad news.

Elijah
------
even only knowing Tad from Usenet

Rainer Weikusat

May 3, 2012, 8:20:27 PM5/3/12
mer...@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz) writes:
> Longtime friend and senior Stonehenge trainer and manager Tad McClellan
> lost his battle with lung cancer on Sunday. Rest in peace, my friend.

There are too many dead people already :-(

hymie!

May 3, 2012, 9:59:31 PM5/3/12
mer...@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz), who said:
>Longtime friend and senior Stonehenge trainer and manager Tad McClellan
>lost his battle with lung cancer on Sunday. Rest in peace, my friend.

:(

--hymie! http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie hy...@lactose.homelinux.net

Justin C

May 4, 2012, 6:55:34 AM5/4/12
On 2012-05-03, Randal L. Schwartz <mer...@stonehenge.com> wrote:

> Longtime friend and senior Stonehenge trainer and manager Tad McClellan
> lost his battle with lung cancer on Sunday. Rest in peace, my friend.
>
> http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dfw/obituary.aspx?n=tad-jeffrey-mcclellan&pid=157408300

I only ever knew him here on clpm. He has helped me many times,
and I've learnt from his replies to the questions of others. I
send my condolences to his family.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

Shmuel Metz

May 3, 2012, 3:48:56 PM5/3/12
In <86vckdi...@red.stonehenge.com>, on 05/03/2012
at 09:16 AM, mer...@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz) said:

>Longtime friend and senior Stonehenge trainer and manager Tad
>McClellan lost his battle with lung cancer on Sunday.

My condolences.

reply to spam...@library.lspace.org

Henry Law

May 4, 2012, 2:41:26 PM5/4/12
On 03/05/12 17:16, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Longtime friend and senior Stonehenge trainer and manager Tad McClellan
> lost his battle with lung cancer on Sunday. Rest in peace, my friend.

Despite what people say this _is_ a community and he was a pillar of it.
I felt I knew him and yet until today I didn't even know what he
looked like.

The world is a poorer place when you lose people like that.

--

Henry Law Manchester, England

Ted Zlatanov

May 6, 2012, 10:23:44 AM5/6/12
On Thu, 03 May 2012 09:16:22 -0700 mer...@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz) wrote:

RLS> Longtime friend and senior Stonehenge trainer and manager Tad McClellan
RLS> lost his battle with lung cancer on Sunday. Rest in peace, my friend.

We'll miss him.

Ted

David Combs

May 16, 2012, 12:24:00 AM5/16/12
In article <86vckdi...@red.stonehenge.com>,
Randal L. Schwartz <mer...@stonehenge.com> wrote:

Wow, what a loss!

He's been here for so long -- what, was he one of the original founders
of this group?

David Combs

Randal L. Schwartz

May 16, 2012, 9:08:22 AM5/16/12

David> He's been here for so long -- what, was he one of the original founders
David> of this group?

Hardly. I think he got into Perl around 1994 or so. This group
was created around then, but was preceded by the classic
"comp.lang.perl" for at least a few years before that.