new CPAN modules on Mon Jul 9 2007

Randal Schwartz

Jul 9, 2007, 12:42:14 AM7/9/07
The following modules have recently been added to or updated in the
Comprehensive Perl Archive Network (CPAN). You can install them using the
instructions in the 'perlmodinstall' page included with your Perl
distribution.

AnyEvent-2.53
http://search.cpan.org/~mlehmann/AnyEvent-2.53/
provide framework for multiple event loops
----
Apache-Htpasswd-Shadow-0.03
http://search.cpan.org/~adamk/Apache-Htpasswd-Shadow-0.03/
Apache::Htpasswd variant that saves to a different file
----
BDB-0.5
http://search.cpan.org/~mlehmann/BDB-0.5/
Asynchronous Berkeley DB access
----
Bundle-CGI-All-0.01
http://search.cpan.org/~ski/Bundle-CGI-All-0.01/
installs all CGI modules
----
Bundle-CGI-All-0.02
http://search.cpan.org/~ski/Bundle-CGI-All-0.02/
installs all CGI modules
----
Bundle-CGI-All-0.03
http://search.cpan.org/~ski/Bundle-CGI-All-0.03/
installs all CGI modules
----
CPAN-Inject-0.08
http://search.cpan.org/~adamk/CPAN-Inject-0.08/
Base class for injecting distributions into CPAN sources
----
DBIx-MyServer-0.40
http://search.cpan.org/~philips/DBIx-MyServer-0.40/
Server-side implementation of the MySQL network protocol
----
DBIx-MyServer-0.41
http://search.cpan.org/~philips/DBIx-MyServer-0.41/
Server-side implementation of the MySQL network protocol
----
Email-Stuff-2.05
http://search.cpan.org/~adamk/Email-Stuff-2.05/
A more casual approach to creating and sending Email:: emails
----
File-MMagic-XS-0.09002
http://search.cpan.org/~dmaki/File-MMagic-XS-0.09002/
Guess File Type With XS (a la mod_mime_magic)
----
File-Remove-0.37
http://search.cpan.org/~adamk/File-Remove-0.37/
Remove files and directories
----
GD-Barcode-Code93-1.2.1
http://search.cpan.org/~dimartino/GD-Barcode-Code93-1.2.1/
Create Code93 barcode image with GD
----
GD-Barcode-Code93-1.3
http://search.cpan.org/~dimartino/GD-Barcode-Code93-1.3/
Create Code93 barcode image with GD
----
IO-Socket-SIPC-0.07
http://search.cpan.org/~bloonix/IO-Socket-SIPC-0.07/
Serialize perl structures for inter process communication.
----
Lingua-Cyrillic-Translit-ICAO-1.04
http://search.cpan.org/~stro/Lingua-Cyrillic-Translit-ICAO-1.04/
Cyrillic characters transliteration into ICAO Doc 9303
----
Lingua-Multinational-Translit-ICAO-1.04
http://search.cpan.org/~stro/Lingua-Multinational-Translit-ICAO-1.04/
Multinational characters transliteration into ICAO Doc 9303
----
Linux-Apple-Laptop-LED-0.01
http://search.cpan.org/~avar/Linux-Apple-Laptop-LED-0.01/
Turn the front LED on Apple laptops on and off via ADB
----
Linux-Apple-Laptop-LED-0.02
http://search.cpan.org/~avar/Linux-Apple-Laptop-LED-0.02/
Turn the front LED on Apple laptops on and off via ADB
----
Linux-Apple-Laptop-LED-0.03
http://search.cpan.org/~avar/Linux-Apple-Laptop-LED-0.03/
Turn the front LED on Apple laptops on and off via ADB
----
Linux-Apple-Laptop-LED-0.04
http://search.cpan.org/~avar/Linux-Apple-Laptop-LED-0.04/
Turn the front LED on Apple laptops on and off via ADB
----
Module-CGI-Install-0.06
http://search.cpan.org/~adamk/Module-CGI-Install-0.06/
Installer for CGI applications
----
Options-1.5
http://search.cpan.org/~pchriste/Options-1.5/
A perl module to provide better support for command-line option parsing, hopefully better than GetOpts.
----
Pugs-Compiler-Rule-0.24
http://search.cpan.org/~agent/Pugs-Compiler-Rule-0.24/
Compiler for Perl 6 Rules
----
Sub-Multi-0.003
http://search.cpan.org/~clkao/Sub-Multi-0.003/
Data::Bind-based multi-sub dispatch
----
Task-Perl-Critic-1.001
http://search.cpan.org/~elliotjs/Task-Perl-Critic-1.001/
Install everything Perl::Critic.
----
Test-Config-System-0.40
http://search.cpan.org/~iank/Test-Config-System-0.40/
System configuration related unit tests
----
Test-FITesque-0.01_001
http://search.cpan.org/~konobi/Test-FITesque-0.01_001/
the FITesque framework!
----
WWW-Facebook-API-v0.3.8
http://search.cpan.org/~unobe/WWW-Facebook-API-v0.3.8/
Facebook API implementation
----
WWW-Facebook-API-v0.3.9
http://search.cpan.org/~unobe/WWW-Facebook-API-v0.3.9/
Facebook API implementation
----
Wx-0.75
http://search.cpan.org/~mbarbon/Wx-0.75/
interface to the wxWidgets cross-platform GUI toolkit
----
Wx-Data-0.01_01
http://search.cpan.org/~eriam/Wx-Data-0.01_01/
----
X500-DN-0.29
http://search.cpan.org/~rjoop/X500-DN-0.29/
handle X.500 DNs (Distinguished Names), parse and format them
----
pip-0.10
http://search.cpan.org/~adamk/pip-0.10/
Console application for running Perl 5 Installer (P5I) files

If you're an author of one of these modules, please submit a detailed
announcement to comp.lang.perl.announce, and we'll pass it along.

This message was generated by a Perl program described in my Linux
Magazine column, which can be found on-line (along with more than
200 other freely available past column articles) at
http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/LinuxMag/col82.html

print "Just another Perl hacker," # the original

<mer...@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>