!!!! Table is busy - problem !!! . D1

Maciej Soiński

Jun 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/5/97

Hi !
I have strange problem with my table. When I doing this:
(Table is inactiv)

begin
Table1.EmptyTable;
Table1.open;
end;

I sometimes (???!) receiving error:

Project (...) raised exception class EDBEngine Error with message
'Table is busy. Table:C:\WybTow.db.User' . Process ...

Help please !!!!!!!
--

Maciej Soinski
e-mail: ind...@free.polbox.pl

Chuck Gadd

Jun 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/5/97

On 5 Jun 97 00:08:58 GMT, "Maciej Soiński" <ind...@polbox.com> wrote:

>Table1.EmptyTable;

No other process/app/machine can have the table open during this
command.

If the Table1.Active property is set to true when design mode, then
Delphi is keeping the file open.

On the form, set the Table1.Active property to False. In the
form.create method, set the Table1.Active property to True if you need
to access it.

Chuck Gadd
Director of Software Development, Cyber FX Communications.
e-mail:cgadd-...@cyber-fx.com http://www.cyber-fx.com
Remove the -NOSPAM from my email address to send me e-mail.
*** I boycott businesses that send me unsolicited email advertisements ***

Kirk B. Spadt

Jun 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/6/97

In article <01bc7145$03a29500$8bb2ccc2@maciejcom>,
"Maciej Soiński" <ind...@polbox.com> wrote:

>procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
>begin
>Table1.EmptyTable;
>Table1.open;
>end;
>
>I sometimes (???!) receiving error:
>
>Project (...) raised exception class EDBEngine Error with message
>'Table is busy. Table:C:\WybTow.db.User' . Process ...

You probably have the table open in Delphi while you are running the project
within Delphi's IDE. Using the Object Inspector, set the table's Active
property to False. This should resolve the problem.

-Kirk

Kirk B. Spadt ksp...@keyware.com
Keyware Systems, Inc.
570 Lindsey Drive (610) 964-9530
Radnor, PA 19087 (610) 964-0543 fax

Kirk B. Spadt

Jun 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/6/97

Kirk B. Spadt

Jun 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/8/97

Kirk B. Spadt

Jun 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/8/97

Kevin Curtis

Jun 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/14/97

> >Project (...) raised exception class EDBEngine Error with message
> >'Table is busy. Table:C:\WybTow.db.User' . Process ...
>
> You probably have the table open in Delphi while you are running the
project
> within Delphi's IDE. Using the Object Inspector, set the table's Active
> property to False. This should resolve the problem.
>
> -Kirk

Another point: Even if you don't have the table open within the IDE you can
get this message if you've terminated the program abnormally. I ran into
this today. The only solution was to close all apps and shutdown windows
and reboot. That finally cleared it up. My guess is that the BDE doesn't
close the file and the handle to the table gets orphaned somehow.

Kevin

Werner Lehmann

Jun 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/16/97
to Kevin Curtis

Kevin Curtis wrote:

> Another point: Even if you don't have the table open within the IDE you can
> get this message if you've terminated the program abnormally. I ran into
> this today. The only solution was to close all apps and shutdown windows
> and reboot. That finally cleared it up. My guess is that the BDE doesn't
> close the file and the handle to the table gets orphaned somehow.

Switch to Windows NT. When the table problem occurs you can kill the
16 bit environment (VM) only. Rebooting isn't necessary anymore.

(I use this feature a lot ;-( )

W.L.