Data Module

Dan Greenberg

Jul 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/16/96

D2, desktop. My form units will not "use" my data module. The forms
work fine when I put a table and datasource component directly on them
but not otherwise. I have used the file/use unit command to add the DM
unit to the form units, changed the order of form creation in the DPR,
everything I can think of. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

TechnoMage

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

dmg...@vivid.net (Dan Greenberg) wrote:

I have had a few problems with this myself as of late.
I have noticed though that after I do a file/use that if I
have the DataModule open and try to attach a control
to a data source I can see them but if I do not have the data
module open, I only see data sources about 90% of the time.

TechnoMage

Jasper Stil

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

dmg...@vivid.net (Dan Greenberg) wrote:

> D2, desktop. My form units will not "use" my data module. The forms
> work fine when I put a table and datasource component directly on them
> but not otherwise. I have used the file/use unit command to add the DM
> unit to the form units, changed the order of form creation in the DPR,
> everything I can think of. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

My forms see it only when I add the uses clause in the
implementation-part, with DM's name on a separate line...

Jasper

PS: please take into consideration
- when replying, I just think I know;
- when asking, be sure that I don't.

Mike Johnson

Jul 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/24/96

Dan Greenberg <dmg...@vivid.net> wrote in article
<4sh230$k...@host.vivid.net>...

> D2, desktop. My form units will not "use" my data module. The forms
> work fine when I put a table and datasource component directly on them
> but not otherwise. I have used the file/use unit command to add the DM
> unit to the form units, changed the order of form creation in the DPR,
> everything I can think of. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

What are some other symptoms you are experiencing? In the DBEdit controls
on your form can you see the DataModuleName.DataSourceName in the
DataSource property? Do you have datasources in your datamodule? If so,
are these datasources connected to a TTable or TQuery component?