cl-user google map

Mirko

Feb 2, 2009, 9:32:55 PM2/2/09
If you feel especially exhibitionist, and have a google account, you
can add your location on this map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&ll=42.697248,-73.887758&spn=0.003406,0.008025&z=18.

Right now, the cl-user world is a very very lonely place. There are
many many more clojure users (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?
ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=112691912540601337884.00045972a1deb8de0d96b)

To add your location, you need to log in to your google account, and
click the edit button on the left pane. That will bring up a few
icons in the top left corner of the map, one of which you can drag to
your location, and add your information.

If, on the other hand, you prefer `to watch', just check out the map.

Cheers,

Mirko

Mirko

Feb 2, 2009, 9:40:23 PM2/2/09
On Feb 2, 9:32 pm, Mirko <Mirko.Vuko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you feel especially exhibitionist, and have a google account, you
> can add your location on this map:
>
> http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&ll=42.6972....

> Right now, the cl-user world is a very very lonely place.  There are
> many many more clojure users (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?
> ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=112691912540601337884.00045972a1deb8de0d96b)
>
> To add your location, you need to log in to your google account, and
> click the edit button on the left pane.  That will bring up a few
> icons in the top left corner of the map, one of which you can drag to
> your location, and add your information.
>
> If, on the other hand, you prefer `to watch', just check out the map.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mirko

Or actually, this link:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=114830829398919898492.000461fa38297b8417186&ll=42.689439,-73.836622&spn=0.003285,0.008025&z=18

(sigh)

D Herring

Feb 2, 2009, 11:57:07 PM2/2/09
Mirko wrote:
> On Feb 2, 9:32 pm, Mirko <Mirko.Vuko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you feel especially exhibitionist, and have a google account, you
>> can add your location on this map:

That is a very lonely map. Any possibility of hooking into lispforum
accounts?

- Daniel

Mirko

Feb 3, 2009, 6:15:17 AM2/3/09

Do you mean by posting a message, or something else?

I am not a forum member (not another login please), but if you are,
please announce it there as well (and paste the instructions from my
first mesage).

Mirko

Zach Beane

Feb 3, 2009, 8:06:13 AM2/3/09
D Herring <dher...@at.tentpost.dot.com> writes:

http://www.cliki.net/xearth has some very old geodata for Lispers.

Zach

D Herring

Feb 3, 2009, 10:47:34 AM2/3/09
Mirko wrote:
> On Feb 2, 11:57 pm, D Herring <dherr...@at.tentpost.dot.com> wrote:
>> Mirko wrote:
>> That is a very lonely map. Any possibility of hooking into lispforum
>> accounts?
>
> Do you mean by posting a message, or something else?

LispForum has a profile entry for location; I thought your map could
scrape these automatically or some other data sharing could be arranged...

> I am not a forum member (not another login please), but if you are,
> please announce it there as well (and paste the instructions from my
> first mesage).

Done.

BTW, I've seen other map overlays that don't require users to register
with the Goog. Something to look into...

- Daniel

Slobodan Blazeski

Feb 3, 2009, 2:34:10 PM2/3/09
On Feb 3, 3:40 am, Mirko <Mirko.Vuko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 2, 9:32 pm, Mirko <Mirko.Vuko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > If you feel especially exhibitionist, and have a google account, you
> > can add your location on this map:
>
> >http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&ll=42.6972....
>
> > Right now, the cl-user world is a very very lonely place.  There are
> > many many more clojure users (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?
> > ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=112691912540601337884.00045972a1deb8de0d96b)
>
> > To add your location, you need to log in to your google account, and
> > click the edit button on the left pane.  That will bring up a few
> > icons in the top left corner of the map, one of which you can drag to
> > your location, and add your information.
>
> > If, on the other hand, you prefer `to watch', just check out the map.
>
> > Cheers,
>
> > Mirko
>
> Or actually, this link:
>
> http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid..
There is no edit button in above link, something that shows into
clojure map.

bobi

> (sigh)

Alessio Stalla

Feb 3, 2009, 2:56:56 PM2/3/09
On Feb 3, 3:40 am, Mirko <Mirko.Vuko...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Or actually, this link:
>
> http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid...
>
> (sigh)

How do I add myself to that map? Couldn't figure it out...

Mirko

Feb 3, 2009, 4:01:14 PM2/3/09

OK, I now modified the `collaborate' settings and allowed anyone to
modify the map. But you do need to have a google account in order to
modify it.

Mirko

Slobodan Blazeski

Feb 4, 2009, 4:45:25 AM2/4/09

Great, many thanks

bobi

gary.schiltz

Feb 8, 2009, 9:36:40 PM2/8/09
Great idea, Mirko! I just added Ecuador, and therefore South America.
Looks like we're up to 5 out of 7 continents - anyone down under like
to make it 6? I doubt we'll get anyone from Antarctica, although it
would do a lot for Lisp's "coolness" factor :-)

;; Gary Schiltz
;; Mindo, Ecuador

Mirko

Feb 9, 2009, 10:36:49 AM2/9/09

Welcome on board. We just need those folks from down under to join.

By the way, this modified link,

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=114830829398919898492.000461fa38297b8417186&ll=42.689439,-73.836622&spn=276,4785&z=180

opens up at the largest zoom. It is not mirko-centric anymore.

D Herring

Feb 10, 2009, 12:30:31 AM2/10/09

Just drop the coordinates entirely...
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=114830829398919898492.000461fa38297b8417186

Its not quite the largest view, but its a good default.

- Daniel