Compile a lisp code and execute into a Java Virtual Machine

Santiago Carbonell

Dec 16, 2011, 6:09:22 AM12/16/11

I'm working in a project that is lisp code and works fine in Allegro
CL and MCL.

What I need is compile this lisp code (some lisp files) and execute it
into a Java Virtual Machine and add some Java interfaces from Swing.

I don't know if someone can help me in this task.

I'm trying jatha and loadfromjarprimitive but doesn't work fine and I
don't know if this is what I need

Some examples of how to load, compile and execute some lisp code into
java is appreciated

Thanks

Silvio Bierman

Dec 16, 2011, 7:06:57 AM12/16/11
You could look into clojure. It is a JVM Lisp that might be of use.

Carlos

Dec 16, 2011, 7:14:41 AM12/16/11

Take a look at ABCL: http://common-lisp.net/project/armedbear/

Blake McBride

Dec 16, 2011, 9:12:07 AM12/16/11
Yes, do look at ABCL. I have been using it for some time now. It
works really well, fast, easy to use, reliable, and well supported!

Blake McBride

Pascal J. Bourguignon

Dec 17, 2011, 8:38:47 PM12/17/11
Silvio Bierman <sil...@moc.com> writes:

> You could look into clojure. It is a JVM Lisp that might be of use.

Not at all. Clojure is useless since it's not a Common Lisp.

Arne Vajhøj

Dec 17, 2011, 9:56:59 PM12/17/11
On 12/17/2011 8:38 PM, Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:
> Silvio Bierman<sil...@moc.com> writes:
>
>> You could look into clojure. It is a JVM Lisp that might be of use.
>
> Not at all. Clojure is useless since it's not a Common Lisp.

Have you seen the OP's source code, so that you know the
differences will make Clojure useless?

Arne

Kaz Kylheku

Dec 18, 2011, 1:57:23 AM12/18/11
["Followup-To:" header set to comp.lang.lisp.]
``I'm working in a project that is lisp code and works fine in Allegro
CL and MCL.''

Unlikely it will work in Clojure without a rewrite. Clojure and CL are
not compatible, even for writing half-a-page throwaway programs.