Common LISP tutorials

pereges

Jan 20, 2009, 5:28:07 PM1/20/09
Does anyone know of an good beginner tutorials (online) to Lisp ?

I also have paul graham's book on lisp.

WalterGR

Jan 20, 2009, 5:33:02 PM1/20/09
On Jan 20, 2:28 pm, pereges <Brol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of an good beginner tutorials (online) to Lisp ?
>
> I also have paul graham's  book on lisp.

There have been many prior discussions in this group about reading
material - you may want to try searching. Here's a recent one:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/browse_thread/thread/d55d5349f5b48393/

WalterGR

aaronla

Jan 21, 2009, 2:18:54 AM1/21/09
On Jan 20, 2:28 pm, pereges <Brol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of an good beginner tutorials (online) to Lisp ?
>
> I also have paul graham's  book on lisp.

On the topic of other intro books, I've been having success learning
with Practical Common Lisp, available online by author:

http://gigamonkeys.com/book/

And of course, the first thing to learn is that Lisp is a *family* of
languages, not just one Language. Both those books are Common Lisp.

Scheme is the next most common, and for that, I'm reading "Teach
yourself Scheme in fixnum days" -- it's very lighthearted and
interactive.

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/t-y-scheme/t-y-scheme.html

And there's the HyperSpec for Common Lisp. Can anyone recommend a
good reference for Scheme of the same caliber?

Marek Kubica

Jan 21, 2009, 8:48:30 AM1/21/09
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 23:18:54 -0800 (PST)
aaronla <aar...@ra3s.com> wrote:

> http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/t-y-scheme/t-y-scheme.html
>
> And there's the HyperSpec for Common Lisp. Can anyone recommend a
> good reference for Scheme of the same caliber?

How about the R5RS spec? It is maybe not the most common, but IMHO a
good starting point if you want a CL-like-spec.

<http://www.schemers.org/Documents/Standards/R5RS/>

regards,
Marek

Alexander Lehmann

Jan 21, 2009, 8:50:05 AM1/21/09
pereges wrote:
> Does anyone know of an good beginner tutorials (online) to Lisp ?
> I also have paul graham's book on lisp.

There's plenty out there. One (funny but useful introductory) example is:

http://www.lisperati.com/casting.html

Slobodan Blazeski

Jan 21, 2009, 11:06:39 AM1/21/09
On Jan 20, 11:28 pm, pereges <Brol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of an good beginner tutorials (online) to Lisp ?
>
> I also have paul graham's  book on lisp.
Tutorials:
http://www.franz.com/services/classes/download.lhtml
Books:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/browse_thread/thread/d55d5349f5b48393/d65c05c0cb96544b?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=Further+reading+slobodan#d65c05c0cb96544b