Help for Linux ACL4.3 & Xemacs 19.14?

Lawrence Troxler

Mar 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/18/97

I'm using the free Allegro Common Lisp for Linux, from Franz, Inc, and am
having problem with the Emacs-Lisp interface.

I'm using ACL version 4.3 and the Emacs interface as on their CD, and
Xemacs 19.14.

The problem I'm having is that certain functions in the Emacs side of the
interface (in the "fi" directory), seem not to be defined anywhere. For
example, trying to evaluate a Lisp expression in an emacs buffer using
either the pop-up menu or the hot-keys, results in a call to
lep::evaluation-request which is not defined anywhere. Indeed, a grep of
the fi directory turns up only the call and no definition.

Any ideas? Since this software isn't supported by Franz, I hope it's not
too much out of line to ask here.

-- Larry Troxler -- l...@westnet.com -- Patterson, NY USA --

Erik Naggum

Mar 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/18/97

* Lawrence Troxler

| The problem I'm having is that certain functions in the Emacs side of the
| interface (in the "fi" directory), seem not to be defined anywhere. For
| example, trying to evaluate a Lisp expression in an emacs buffer using
| either the pop-up menu or the hot-keys, results in a call to
| lep::evaluation-request which is not defined anywhere. Indeed, a grep of
| the fi directory turns up only the call and no definition.

it's not a call, it's just a form. fi::make-request is a macro whose first
argument is sent to the inferior Allegro process. lep::evaluation-request
should thus be defined in the Allegro Common Lisp image.

(apropos :evaluation)

should report two symbols. if you get none, you might have tweaked the
readtable-case to make ACL case sensitive. off the top of my head, I can't
think of any other reason it doesn't work for you. (however, with more
specific information from you, I can most probably help you, so if you
don't want to use the newsgroup, feel free to mail me.)

(redirected to comp.lang.lisp.franz.)

#\Erik
--
tempus meum perdo