tracing function local to method

Vladimir Zolotykh

May 26, 2002, 12:28:20 PM5/26/02
Is it possible to trace local function inside a method in ACL61 ?
For example

(defmethod foo ((p person) (h phone))
;; ...
(labels ((send () #|.............|#))
;;

Is it possible to trace SEND ?
If so which syntax of trace should be used ?

--
Vladimir Zolotykh

Coby Beck

May 26, 2002, 1:25:44 PM5/26/02

"Vladimir Zolotykh" <gsm...@eurocom.od.ua> wrote in message

> Is it possible to trace local function inside a method in ACL61 ?

I know it is possible, I don't recall how, exactly, though it is also easy.
I am sure it is well documented under their own pages about trace. You'll
find it if you believe it is there!

--
Coby Beck

Erik Naggum

May 26, 2002, 3:51:08 PM5/26/02
* Vladimir Zolotykh <gsm...@eurocom.od.ua>

| Is it possible to trace local function inside a method in ACL61?

Yes, when the method is named (method foo (person phone)), the labels
form is named (labels (method foo (person phone)) send). In order to
trace a function name, not just a symbol, you have to use the list form
since Allegro CL expects trace options if you specify a list.

:trace ((labels (method foo (person phone)) send))
--
In a fight against something, the fight has value, victory has none.
In a fight for something, the fight is a loss, victory merely relief.

70 percent of American adults do not understand the scientific process.

Vladimir Zolotykh

May 27, 2002, 12:26:59 PM5/27/02
Thank you.
I've tried this.
It seems doesn't work and I can't say why.
I had asked Franz tech support. Now waiting
for answer.

--
Vladimir Zolotykh

Vladimir Zolotykh

May 29, 2002, 4:22:20 AM5/29/02
The

(trace ((labels (method foo (person phone)) send)))

is the correct form for tracing as you said.

This didn't work for me because the method must be compiled.

--
Vladimir Zolotykh