help! (run-line encoding)

Robert Miller

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

Can anyone help me create a function(s) to run-line encode binary
lists? (common lisp)

i.e.

>(compress '(1110100001))
((3 1) 0 1 (4 0) 1)

Erik Naggum

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

* Robert Miller

| Can anyone help me create a function(s) to run-line encode binary
| lists? (common lisp)

A student comes to a young professor's office hours. She glances down
the hall, closes his door, kneels pleadingly.

"I would do anything to pass this exam."

She leans closer to him, flips back her hair, gazes meaningfully into his
eyes.

"I mean..." she whispers, "...I would do...anything!!!"

He returns her gaze. "Anything???"

"Yes,... Anything!!!"

His voice turns to a whisper. "Would you ... study???"

#:Erik
--
Abort, Retry, or Upgrade?

Dick Margulis

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

This has been an amusing thread, to be sure (speaking as a lurker in
this ng, not much of a participant). But has anyone else noticed that
Mr. Miller's class notes did not even provide him with an accurate
subject line? It's Run Length Encoding, not run-line encoding, Robert.

Phil Hunt

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

In article <31025787...@naggum.no> cle...@naggum.no "Erik Naggum" writes:
> * Robert Miller
> | Can anyone help me create a function(s) to run-line encode binary
> | lists? (common lisp)
>
> A student comes to a young professor's office hours. She glances down
> the hall, closes his door, kneels pleadingly.
>
> "I would do anything to pass this exam."
>
> She leans closer to him, flips back her hair, gazes meaningfully into his
> eyes.
>
> "I mean..." she whispers, "...I would do...anything!!!"
>
> He returns her gaze. "Anything???"
>
> "Yes,... Anything!!!"
>
> His voice turns to a whisper. "Would you ... study???"

ROFL

--
* * Phil Hunt * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* Eurolang, la lang qui tu pos lernar in week-fini. Vidu: *

Stig Hemmer

Apr 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/27/98

mil...@usc.edu (Robert Miller) writes:
> Can anyone help me create a function(s) to run-line encode binary
> lists? (common lisp)

What is your problem with the answers given to this question the last
time you asked it?

Stig Hemmer.

Martin Rodgers

Apr 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/27/98

Erik Naggum wheezed these wise words:

> His voice turns to a whisper. "Would you ... study???"

This is scene from "The Eiger Sanction", starring Clint Eastwood.
A blatant attempt to rip off someone else's work. l)

Nice one. [grin]
--
Please note: my email address is munged; You can never browse enough
"Oh knackers!" - Mark Radcliffe

Erik Naggum

Apr 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/27/98

* Martin Rodgers

| This is scene from "The Eiger Sanction", starring Clint Eastwood.

thanks for the source reference. it has been circulating as an
unattributed joke for a while.

| A blatant attempt to rip off someone else's work. l)

I did not in any way indicate that it was mine, so you're stretching your
putrid asshole a bit far here. go hide under your usual rock, again, OK?

Martin Rodgers

Apr 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/28/98

Erik Naggum wheezed these wise words:

> I did not in any way indicate that it was mine, so you're stretching your

> putrid asshole a bit far here. go hide under your usual rock, again, OK?

Kindly note the smiley before flaming.

Where's your sense of humour? Lost in the redmist?

Erik Naggum

Apr 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/28/98

* Martin Rodgers

| Kindly note the smiley before flaming.