Measuring time in CMU Common Lisp

Ledeniov Oleg

Oct 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/20/96

Hi All!

In my work I need to make some precise time measurements.
The built-in function (get-internal-run-time) returns result
in hundredth parts of second - that is not precise enough.
How can I obtain the result in milliseconds or - even better -
in microseconds? Is it possible?
I work with CMU Common Lisp.

TIA,

Oleg Ledeniov
ol...@cs.technion.ac.il

Erik Naggum

Oct 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/20/96

* Ledeniov Oleg <ol...@cs.technion.ac.il>

| In my work I need to make some precise time measurements. The built-in
| function (get-internal-run-time) returns result in hundredth parts of
| second - that is not precise enough. How can I obtain the result in
| milliseconds or - even better - in microseconds? Is it possible? I work
| with CMU Common Lisp.

`unix:unix-gettimeofday' may give you what you need.

#\Erik
--
I could tell you, but then I would have to reboot you.