Announcement: European Common Lisp Meeting, Amsterdam, April 19/20, 2008

Edi Weitz

Dec 23, 2007, 3:45:52 PM12/23/07
Arthur Lemmens and Edi Weitz are proud to announce the European Common
Lisp Meeting 2008. The meeting will consist of a Sunday full of talks
on April 20, 2008, with optional dinners on Saturday and Sunday
evening.

For a list of speakers and more information please visit

http://weitz.de/eclm2008/

We're looking forward to meeting you in Amsterdam,
Arthur Lemmens & Edi Weitz

Joost Diepenmaat

Dec 23, 2007, 5:38:30 PM12/23/07
Edi Weitz <spam...@agharta.de> writes:

Cool! I'll definitely be there. That is, provided it's not hideously
expensive. :-)

Joost.

Sohail Somani

Dec 23, 2007, 9:42:49 PM12/23/07
On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 21:45:52 +0100, Edi Weitz wrote:

> Arthur Lemmens and Edi Weitz are proud to announce the European Common
> Lisp Meeting 2008. The meeting will consist of a Sunday full of talks
> on April 20, 2008, with optional dinners on Saturday and Sunday evening.

[snip]

Will materials like slides/slide notes be available afterwards? I can't
make it but the talks sound *very* interesting :-)

--
Sohail Somani
http://uint32t.blogspot.com

Edi Weitz

Dec 24, 2007, 5:32:50 AM12/24/07
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 02:42:49 GMT, Sohail Somani <soh...@taggedtype.net> wrote:

> Will materials like slides/slide notes be available afterwards?

Depends on the speakers.

Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

Real email: (replace (subseq "spam...@agharta.de" 5) "edi")

Ken Tilton

Dec 24, 2007, 9:09:56 AM12/24/07

Edi Weitz wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 02:42:49 GMT, Sohail Somani <soh...@taggedtype.net> wrote:
>

>>Will materials like slides/slide notes be available afterwards?
>

> Depends on the speakers.

I'm just doing a rant and delivering more great software for you clowns
to ignore. Audio recording and one CVS URL will suffice for me. I'll
bring a recorder. Hmm, and a still camera

kt

--
http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

"In the morning, hear the Way;
in the evening, die content!"
-- Confucius

Slobodan Blazeski

Dec 24, 2007, 1:54:50 PM12/24/07
On Dec 24, 6:09 am, Ken Tilton <kennytil...@optonline.net> wrote:
> Edi Weitz wrote:
> > On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 02:42:49 GMT, Sohail Somani <soh...@taggedtype.net> wrote:
>
> >>Will materials like slides/slide notes be available afterwards?
>
> > Depends on the speakers.
>
> I'm just doing a rant and delivering more great software for you clowns
> to ignore. Audio recording and one CVS URL will suffice for me. I'll
> bring a recorder. Hmm, and a still camera
>
> kt
>
> --http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

> "In the morning, hear the Way;
> in the evening, die content!"
> -- Confucius

Kenny immediately stop having fun lisping, we want to see
theoryalgebra as lisp success story ASAP.

cheers
Slobodan

Ken Tilton

Dec 24, 2007, 5:26:20 PM12/24/07

The flock comes before the shepherd.

Actually, just a very relaxed few days to ground-up a rough integration
of Cells with AllegroGraph, and it is a hoot to see working. A port to
Redland likely will be left as an exercise for folks too daft to pony up
the bucks for commercial lisps. I will put any time between now and then
into rdf-closures (right now rules cannot capture) and fully implement
more of the integrity specified in the Cells manifesto.

kt

Edi Weitz

Dec 24, 2007, 6:04:48 PM12/24/07
On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 21:45:52 +0100, Edi Weitz <spam...@agharta.de> wrote:

> http://weitz.de/eclm2008/

BTW, cough, if you want to blog about this, feel free to do so.
(Hint, hint.)

Daniel Weinreb

Dec 26, 2007, 9:36:41 AM12/26/07
Edi Weitz wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 21:45:52 +0100, Edi Weitz <spam...@agharta.de> wrote:
>
>> http://weitz.de/eclm2008/
>
> BTW, cough, if you want to blog about this, feel free to do so.
> (Hint, hint.)
>
> Edi.

Done.

http://dlweinreb.wordpress.com/2007/12/26/european-common-lisp-meeting/

I hope I can make it.
-- Dan

Edi Weitz

Dec 26, 2007, 12:46:01 PM12/26/07
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:32:50 +0100, Edi Weitz <spam...@agharta.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 02:42:49 GMT, Sohail Somani <soh...@taggedtype.net> wrote:
>
>> Will materials like slides/slide notes be available afterwards?
>
> Depends on the speakers.

I was told in private email that this response might sound a bit
harsh. It wasn't meant that way...

We usually ask the speakers to provide slides we can publish or link
to after the meeting. Whether they actually /do/ that is up to them,
of course. If you look at the ECLM websites for 2005 and 2006, you'll
note that (with a lot of nagging) we eventually succeeded to get the
slides for eight out of nine talks in 2005. In 2006, we obviously
weren't quite that successful (or persistent).

Another option would be audio or video recordings of the talks.
Again, you'll first need to ask the speakers if they're OK with that.
But then you'll also need someone who actually /does/ the recording
and publishes it afterwards. If you want an acceptable quality this
is not as easy as you might think. We had people who talked about
doing this in the last years, but in the end it never happened.