WordNet and Common Lisp: Any good implementation & API?

Emre Sevinc

Nov 28, 2006, 9:45:49 AM11/28/06

I was searching for some CL implementation or CL API to query WordNet
semantic database, until now all I could find:

* A Common Lisp interface to WordNet has been developed by Mark Nahabedian
at the MIT AI Lab. This is not an interactive browser, however you can read
about and download the interface.

The address

http://people.csail.mit.edu/naha/ftp/WordNet/WordNet.html

is not working.

* Another Lisp interface developed by Wheeler Ruml is also available
for download. It has been tested in Allegro Common Lisp for HP-UX.
The only condition on use of this code is that you notify the developer
of any bugs you find or improvements you make. Note that you must download
his utility package (available on the same web page) as well.

The address

http://www2.parc.com/spl/members/ruml/code/index.html

is not working.

And finally:

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/mfkb/RKF/smedict/component-find.lisp

Which seems to be related to WN but part of another project.

So, I wonder maybe some of the c.l.l. knows about a fully functional
ASDF-installable CL package to do WordNet manipulation, querying, etc.

Any hope?

Regards,
--
Emre Sevinc

eMBA Software Developer Actively engaged in:
http://emba.bilgi.edu.tr http://ileriseviye.org
http://www.bilgi.edu.tr http://fazlamesai.net
Cognitive Science Student http://cazci.com
http://www.cogsci.boun.edu.tr

Fred Gilham

Nov 29, 2006, 8:07:02 PM11/29/06

Wheeler Ruml's code is at

http://www2.parc.com/isl/members/ruml/code/

if that helps any.

--
Fred Gilham gil...@csl.sri.com
I think it's pretty obvious that the worship of that false idol known

George Neuner

Nov 30, 2006, 12:23:39 AM11/30/06
On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:07:02 -0800, Fred Gilham
<gil...@snapdragon.csl.sri.com> wrote:

>Wheeler Ruml's code is at
>
>http://www2.parc.com/isl/members/ruml/code/
>
>if that helps any.

Mark Nahabedian's WordNet code is here

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/mfkb/RKF/smedict-old/wordnet-database-files.lisp

George
--
for email reply remove "/" from address

George Neuner

Nov 30, 2006, 12:39:11 AM11/30/06
On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 00:23:39 -0500, George Neuner
<gneuner2/@comcast.net> wrote:

Whups! Wrong attribution.

The code at the link was written by Dan Tecuci. It is an adaptation
of Nahabedian's code to run on ACL and Solaris.

Sorry.

Ralf Mattes

Nov 30, 2006, 8:56:10 AM11/30/06
On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 00:39:11 -0500, George Neuner wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 00:23:39 -0500, George Neuner
> <gneuner2/@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>Mark Nahabedian's WordNet code is here
>>
>>http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/mfkb/RKF/smedict-old/wordnet-database-files.lisp
>>

> Whups! Wrong attribution.
>
> The code at the link was written by Dan Tecuci. It is an adaptation
> of Nahabedian's code to run on ACL and Solaris.

... and one should mention that the code depends on other files from the
same location (http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/mfkb/RKF/smedict-old/).

HTH Ralf Mattes