Beginners' Meta FAQ for comp.lang.lisp

JShr...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2006, 2:24:57 AM11/15/06
Prototype available:

http://nostoc.stanford.edu/jeff/temp/cllfaq.html

[Note esp. the places where I need help finding things to point to.]

All comments welcome (as if I have a choice! :-)

Pascal Costanza

Nov 15, 2006, 3:40:15 AM11/15/06

Looks good to me. How do we communicate that we recognize a thread that
we think should become part of this Meta FAQ?

Pascal

--
My website: http://p-cos.net

byronsalty

Nov 15, 2006, 7:04:11 AM11/15/06

Add a <title /> so that del.icio.us will auto-populate the description
:)

JShr...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2006, 9:52:39 AM11/15/06

Good point; Done.

JShr...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2006, 9:55:52 AM11/15/06
> Looks good to me. How do we communicate that we recognize a thread that
> we think should become part of this Meta FAQ?

Good question. I'd say, add it to this thread (that is, the most recent
meta-faq post thread). That will re-front the thread and I'll pick it
up. (I don't monitor my gmail; I only use it as backup, and to post
from.) If you can figure out my "true name" (not that it's *that* big
a secret! :-) I suppose that you can send me direct email. But I'd
rather things be done via posts bcs that way there can be discussion if
anyone disagrees.

Adam

Nov 15, 2006, 5:11:12 PM11/15/06

JShr...@gmail.com wrote:

I can sense the need for some cross-platform compatibility references, but I
don't really know what to suggest or where to start - perhaps it hasn't
been raised on the list for a while.

ie;
I run (version) Lisp (with graphics) on (Linux, Mac, MS-Windows), can I
expect this code to work on (Mac, MS-Windows, Linux). Sort of thing.

Only a suggestion, but may help foster newbie community interaction.

JShr...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2006, 6:48:46 PM11/15/06
Adam wrote:
> I can sense the need for some cross-platform compatibility references, but I
> don't really know what to suggest or where to start - perhaps it hasn't
> been raised on the list for a while.

Let's try an experiment: Start a conversation (in a separate thread),
and if it seems useful, we'll have something to refer to!