Good Examples of Lisp Code

roshan

Feb 1, 2006, 1:07:11 AM2/1/06
I need some suggestions on where to find good examples of source
code to read. I know about the CMU AI repository,
common-lisp.net, etc., but was hoping someone here could give
specific examples of code a newbie should read. (non trivial,
good style, etc.)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Robert Strandh

Feb 1, 2006, 1:32:09 AM2/1/06
"roshan" <rmat...@gmail.com> writes:

I recommend the code by Peter Norvig in "Paradigms of Artificial
Intelligence Programming". You can download it from Peter's web
site.

--
Robert Strandh

Thomas Schilling

Feb 1, 2006, 4:24:41 AM2/1/06

You might take a look at code written by Edi Weitz, it's usually
well-written and well-documented (e.g. CL-PPCRE, see
http://www.weitz.de/). Norvig's code is really well-written, too. (And
you can get a thorough description of what's going on, if you buy the
book, too ;) It's worth it.

- ts

Paolo Amoroso

Feb 1, 2006, 8:11:41 AM2/1/06
"roshan" <rmat...@gmail.com> writes:

> I need some suggestions on where to find good examples of source
> code to read. I know about the CMU AI repository,
> common-lisp.net, etc., but was hoping someone here could give
> specific examples of code a newbie should read. (non trivial,
> good style, etc.)

I recommend the Lisa source code:

http://lisa.sourceforge.net/

This is interesting because, although the problem domain may be
complex for a novice, it's surprising how much you will be able to
understand by reading the code.

Paolo
--
Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL%20Highlight%20Film
The Common Lisp Directory: http://www.cl-user.net

Fernando Rodríguez

Feb 1, 2006, 1:03:41 PM2/1/06
Hello roshan,

> I need some suggestions on where to find good examples of source code
> to read. I know about the CMU AI repository, common-lisp.net, etc.,
> but was hoping someone here could give specific examples of code a
> newbie should read. (non trivial, good style, etc.)

Get a copy of PAIP.

Ivan Shvedunov

Feb 1, 2006, 1:16:38 PM2/1/06
An interesting remark concerning Peter Norvig's style (this is not
any kind of critics, of course): in PAIP, he tends to shy away from
LOOP macro. In some of his later code he seems to use it more often,
e.g. http://www.norvig.com/java-lisp.html

Larry Clapp

Feb 3, 2006, 4:55:59 PM2/3/06
On 2006-02-01, roshan <rmat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need some suggestions on where to find good examples of source
> code to read. I know about the CMU AI repository, common-lisp.net,
> etc., but was hoping someone here could give specific examples of
> code a newbie should read. (non trivial, good style, etc.)

I've enjoyed reading SLIME/Swank. And I don't even know Emacs Lisp.
:) http://common-lisp.net/project/slime/.

-- L