Microsoft discontinues JScript support for Internet Explorer

VK

Apr 1, 2007, 3:12:50 AM4/1/07
04.01.07 Redmond, WA

Today it was officially announced that Microsoft is planning to
discontinue client-side JScript support effective 10.08.07 The engine
will be blocked and removed on the scheduled August auto-update for
Windows XP and Windows Vista systems. The head of Microsoft Windows
Scripting department reminds to complete the move to VBScript
equivalents during the April-July transition period for all affected
solutions.

More information as well as useful tips for JScript to VBScript
transition can be found at:

P.S. from poster: I'm speechless! Micro$oft must die!! :-((

Richard Maher

Apr 1, 2007, 3:24:23 AM4/1/07
Hi VK,

"VK" <school...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

As someone who's just spent a fair bit of my spare time (including numerous
week-ends such as this :-() learning Javascript, I can only hope that the
date has played a large part in this announcement?

I suppose that at least this clears up all the (Am I running in IE exception
code :-)

Cheers Richard Maher

PS. Anyone accessing Java Applets with VB script? Any issues?

VK

Apr 1, 2007, 4:05:44 AM4/1/07
On Apr 1, 11:24 am, "Richard Maher" <maher...@hotspamnotmail.com>
wrote:

> As someone who's just spent a fair bit of my spare time (including numerous
> week-ends such as this :-() learning Javascript, I can only hope that the
> date has played a large part in this announcement?

Fher vg qvq. Yrg'f frr vs nal sbbyf nebhaq. Cffg...

:-(

Jeff North

Apr 1, 2007, 6:01:21 AM4/1/07
On 1 Apr 2007 00:12:50 -0700, in comp.lang.javascript "VK"
<school...@yahoo.com>
<1175411570....@n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com> wrote:

Play The Who's - Wont Get Fooled Again :-)
jnor...@yourpantsyahoo.com.au : Remove your pants to reply

OmegaJunior

Apr 1, 2007, 7:17:30 AM4/1/07

I do hope this is an April Fool's joke.

VK

Apr 1, 2007, 4:53:26 PM4/1/07
On Apr 1, 3:17 pm, OmegaJunior

<omegajun...@spamremove.omegajunior.net> wrote:
> I do hope this is an April Fool's joke.

Yes, it is :-)

To avoid a la "War of Worlds" panic of 1938 it is time for the
disclosure I guess :-)

Richard Cornford

Apr 1, 2007, 7:14:38 PM4/1/07

Redundant, as you did not start off with the credibility of 1930's radio
broadcasts.

Richard.

Hardono Arifanto

Apr 2, 2007, 3:24:28 AM4/2/07
Is there any good reason why they discontinue it?

Regards,
Hardono Arifanto
-----------------------
http://sodeve.net

Evertjan.

Apr 2, 2007, 3:51:51 AM4/2/07
Hardono Arifanto wrote on 02 apr 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

> Is there any good reason why they discontinue it?

[please always quote on usenet]

Who will discontinue what, Hardono?

I thought april fools day jokes where practically perpetuous.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Ivan Marsh

Apr 2, 2007, 10:33:49 AM4/2/07

Posted April 1st.

Randy Webb

Apr 2, 2007, 12:10:55 PM4/2/07
Ivan Marsh said the following on 4/2/2007 10:33 AM:

> On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 00:12:50 -0700, VK wrote:

<snip>

>> P.S. from poster: I'm speechless! Micro$oft must die!! :-((
>
> Posted April 1st.

And to think it only took 24 hours to realize that.....
--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

Ivan Marsh

Apr 2, 2007, 1:00:54 PM4/2/07
On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 12:10:55 -0400, Randy Webb wrote:

> Ivan Marsh said the following on 4/2/2007 10:33 AM:
>> On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 00:12:50 -0700, VK wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

>>> P.S. from poster: I'm speechless! Micro$oft must die!! :-((
>>
>> Posted April 1st.
>
> And to think it only took 24 hours to realize that.....

It took about three seconds.

Tom Cole

Apr 2, 2007, 1:03:50 PM4/2/07

You don't think he signed up for Google TiSP do you...

Ivan Marsh

Apr 2, 2007, 1:25:28 PM4/2/07

I don't know... a global network of wireless commodes sounds like a pretty
good idea to me. After all 90% of what's on the inertubes is crap.