Sending mail using javascript

prash...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2007, 2:03:25 AM2/5/07
to prash...@gmail.com
hi all ,

this is a very simple problem but i need some help,

My situation is :

i have a form which opens in a pop-up window , in which user will
insert his email-id & name ,
there are two buttons submit & cancle .

now i want that when the user clicks on submit button the email should
be sent on users email address ,
& i don't want to use ' mailto ' tags the email should be sent
directly .Can i do this using javascript .

any help , thanks in advance.

Ian Collins

Feb 5, 2007, 2:11:16 AM2/5/07
You can't do this with JavaScript.

--
Ian Collins.

Evertjan.

Feb 5, 2007, 3:44:21 AM2/5/07
Ian Collins wrote on 05 feb 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

> prash...@gmail.com wrote:
>> hi all ,
>>
>> this is a very simple problem but i need some help,
>>
>> My situation is :
>>
>> i have a form which opens in a pop-up window , in which user will
>> insert his email-id & name ,
>> there are two buttons submit & cancle .

cancel?

>> now i want that when the user clicks on submit button the email should
>> be sent on users email address ,
>> & i don't want to use ' mailto ' tags the email should be sent
>> directly .Can i do this using javascript .
>>
>> any help , thanks in advance.
>>
> You can't do this with JavaScript.

You can't do this with clientside javascript.

However you can do this by using serverside javascript on an ASP platform,
using a mailer like CDO or Jmail. I do this all the time.

Well, not really all the time, there are other nice things in cyberlife.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

prash...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2007, 7:59:37 AM2/5/07
On Feb 5, 1:44 pm, "Evertjan." <exjxw.hannivo...@interxnl.net> wrote:
> Ian Collins wrote on 05 feb 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

hey thanks for your reply, i am using php now for fixing the thing &
it works absolutly fine

Jim Land

Feb 5, 2007, 10:52:39 AM2/5/07
"prash...@gmail.com" <prash...@gmail.com> wrote in

> On Feb 5, 1:44 pm, "Evertjan." <exjxw.hannivo...@interxnl.net> wrote:
>> Ian Collins wrote on 05 feb 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

>> You can't do this with clientside javascript.

>> However you can do this by using serverside javascript on an ASP
>> platform, using a mailer like CDO or Jmail. I do this all the time.
>>

> hey thanks for your reply, i am using php now for fixing the thing &
> it works absolutly fine

I nominate this topic for <FAQENTRY> inclusion in the JS FAQ.

Randy Webb

Feb 5, 2007, 1:03:25 PM2/5/07
Jim Land said the following on 2/5/2007 10:52 AM:

<snip>

> I nominate this topic for <F**ENTRY> inclusion in the JS FAQ.

Does that mean I can nominate you to write the initial draft proposal
for the entry?

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

Neo Geshel

Feb 5, 2007, 4:39:22 PM2/5/07

Seconded.

I have had people ask me this a number of times already (in offline
discussions), so I can only assume it’s asked a lot here as well.

...Geshel
My return e-mail address is an automatically monitored spam honeypot.
Do not send e-mail there unless you wish to be reported as a spammer.
Please send all e-mail to my first name at my last name dot org, with
a subject-line of “NEWSGROUP REPLY FOR NEO GESHEL” (all uppercase).