comp.lang.javascript FAQ : anno 1996

VK

Dec 24, 2006, 10:09:53 AM12/24/06
<http://jsnet.sourceforge.net/tmp/clj_1996.htm>

This is the very first comp.lang.javascript FAQ originally located and
supported at <http://www.freqgrafx.com/411/jsfaq.html> (this page
doesn't exist anymore).

The version of April 1996 retrieved grace to the support of the Wayback
Machine team <http://web.archive.org>

This FAQ page was collected and supported by Andy Augustine, who was
the very first c.l.j. FAQ maintainer. The posting in c.l.j. started
April 1996, 3 months after the newsgroup appeared and continued until
November 1996

In my "comp.lang.javascript FAQ question"
<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript/msg/8954de60cffe6dab>
I named Gordon McComb as the first FAQ maintainer - this error was
caused by the lack of the original documents. He was the second :-)

This is a verbatim copy of the obtained document with the following
editorial changes:

1) Because of the cardinally changed support of XMP tag in the modern
browsers - namely a lack of such - the "original intended look" was
restored using PRE tag.

2) External links leading to vanished resources were gray out with
not-allowed cursor style (the links themselves are preserved).

One may get some pleasure of reading - I did :-)

Merry Christmas to anyone who has it!