JavaScript AI Mind Programming Journal -- 2011 May 12

Mentifex

May 13, 2011, 3:40:07 PM5/13/11
Thurs.12.MAY.2011 -- Fixing Neural Inhibition Bugs.

Probably the most glaring JSAI problem right now --
for the programmer anyway -- is the erroneous creation
of a spurious and defective concept in the Psi concept
array, with an assigned concept number but no
associated English word.

After an hour or more of troubleshooting, we have
discovered that the spurious concept problem was
introduced in our 4may11A.html code in the EnArticle()
code with a call to SpeechAct(). When we commented
out the SpeechAct() call -- because it was dated "4may2011"
and we were testing lines of code with such a date -- the
problem of the spurious new concept disappeared.

In the JSAI code of the EnArticle module, there was
a wrong placement of the resetting of "indefartcon" and
the "defartcon" variable was not being reset at all.

We discovered that in the JSAI EnBoot sequence
for time t=359, there was an erroneous "seq" to #39
ROBOT instead of #104 PERSON. We corrected the
error, but the JSAI still said "I AM ROBOTS"
instead of "I AM A PERSON" in response to
"who are you" as a query.

It took a lot more troubleshooting to get the neural
inhibition to work at both ends of each bifurcation.
Next we need to remove any inhibition variables
other than "tseln" and "tselv".

Mentifex (Arthur)
--
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/AiMind.html