Recording the whole screen activity

Neel

Jun 14, 2013, 9:10:10 AM6/14/13
Hi Guys ,

Is there a way to record whole screen activity along with audio in Chrome using java-script ?

Thank you !

Stefan Weiss

Jun 14, 2013, 9:25:20 AM6/14/13
On 2013-06-14 15:10, Neel wrote:
> Is there a way to record whole screen activity along with audio in
> Chrome using java-script ?

Not natively.
You could try installing the PRISM extension for Chrome.

- stefan

Evertjan.

Jun 14, 2013, 10:02:40 AM6/14/13
There is no need to install, PRISM being native to Chrome.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Stefan Weiss

Jun 17, 2013, 7:12:30 AM6/17/13
On 2013-06-17 10:25, Neel wrote [via email]:
> Thank you for the reply. what exactly the PRISM does in context of my
> requirement ?

Please send your replies to comp.lang.javascript instead of emailing the
individual participants in a discussion.

As far as I know, it's not possible to (mis)use Chrome and JavaScript
for recording a user's complete desktop, let alone including audio. That
would be an enormous violation of privacy.

My reply was meant as a humorous reference to the ongoing PRISM
surveillance scandal <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM>. There's no
such thing as a PRISM extension for Chrome (I hope).

That said, there is the "Chrome Remote Desktop" extension, available in
the Chrome Web Store. It will let you see and manipulate remote users'
desktops, but it requires their participation and it does not transmit
audio.

- stefan

Evertjan.

Jun 17, 2013, 10:37:35 AM6/17/13
Stefan Weiss wrote on 17 jun 2013 in comp.lang.javascript:

> My reply was meant as a humorous reference to the ongoing PRISM
> surveillance scandal <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM>. There's no
> such thing as a PRISM extension for Chrome (I hope).

You hope right, it is much easier and more complete to have prism as a
native part of the operating system, methinks.