Pro Javascript Techniques--recommended?

David Mark

May 23, 2009, 11:34:34 PM5/23/09
Does this book need a another look?

http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/browse_thread/thread/93eaa9ec8f2b4ff0#

"I would very highly recommend it. It's written by the creator of
jQuery John Resig."

Who was not a professional at the time and clearly knew little or
nothing about sound Javascript techniques (or how to choose a
technical editor.) But then he did write a really lousy script that
was embraced by lots of clueless people, so that retroactively
validates his earlier book.

The second part of the question was a request for a good forum to
learn about Javascript in general. No recommendations were offered.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

May 24, 2009, 6:20:24 AM5/24/09
David Mark wrote:
> Does this book need a another look?
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/browse_thread/thread/93eaa9ec8f2b4ff0#

Based on what we have already seen about it here, definitely not. The
author clearly does not not what he is talking about. Groups-google for
`"Pro JavaScript" author:Richard author:Cornford'.

> [...]

> The second part of the question was a request for a good forum to
> learn about Javascript in general. No recommendations were offered.

You seem to have problems with reading.

PointedEars

David Mark

May 24, 2009, 11:55:00 AM5/24/09
On May 24, 6:20 am, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedE...@web.de>
wrote:

> David Mark wrote:
> > Does this book need a another look?
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/browse_thread/thread/93eaa9e...

> Based on what we have already seen about it here, definitely not.  The
> author clearly does not not what he is talking about.  Groups-google for
> `"Pro JavaScript" author:Richard author:Cornford'.
>
> > [...]
> > The second part of the question was a request for a good forum to
> > learn about Javascript in general.  No recommendations were offered.
>
> You seem to have problems with reading.

Idiot. Can you read a time stamp?

Thanks,
Dave

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

May 24, 2009, 2:22:17 PM5/24/09
David Mark wrote:
> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

>> David Mark wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> The second part of the question was a request for a good forum to
>>> learn about Javascript in general. No recommendations were offered.
>> You seem to have problems with reading.
>
> [...] Can you read a time stamp?

Yes, but I overlooked it. My bad.

PointedEars