AJAX references

Dominic Myers

Oct 22, 2005, 8:01:39 PM10/22/05
At the risk of inflaming passions best left alone
I'd like to ask a favour of the members of this
esteemed news-group:

I'm currently engaged on a dissertation which is
investigating AJAX technologies and I was
wondering if anyone had any references that might
shed light on the subject?

I will of course carry out a literature review but
in the mean-time has anyone any (preferably print
based) sources of data on AJAX?

Yours sincerely,

Dom

Randy Webb

Oct 22, 2005, 8:42:10 PM10/22/05
Dominic Myers said the following on 10/22/2005 8:01 PM:

> At the risk of inflaming passions best left alone
> I'd like to ask a favour of the members of this
> esteemed news-group:
>
> I'm currently engaged on a dissertation which is
> investigating AJAX technologies and I was
> wondering if anyone had any references that might
> shed light on the subject?

The comp.lang.javascript archives is going to be the best starting
reference you will ever find.

> I will of course carry out a literature review but
> in the mean-time has anyone any (preferably print
> based) sources of data on AJAX?

This new-fangled term of "AJAX" is too new to have any decent print
based references/sources unless you print it yourself.

--
Randy

Dominic Myers

Oct 22, 2005, 8:49:24 PM10/22/05
"Randy Webb" <HikksNo...@aol.com> wrote in
message news:_--dnZP1N7L...@comcast.com...

> Dominic Myers said the following on 10/22/2005
> 8:01 PM:
>
>> At the risk of inflaming passions best left
>> alone I'd like to ask a favour of the members
>> of this esteemed news-group:
>>
>> I'm currently engaged on a dissertation which
>> is investigating AJAX technologies and I was
>> wondering if anyone had any references that
>> might shed light on the subject?
>
> The comp.lang.javascript archives is going to be
> the best starting reference you will ever find.

But I'm mainly after print based stuff as it's
seens as being of more academic use... ahh well
;-) Any of the existing or due to be published
books any good in your opinion? I'm already
trawling the archives constantly.

>> I will of course carry out a literature review
>> but in the mean-time has anyone any (preferably
>> print based) sources of data on AJAX?
>
> This new-fangled term of "AJAX" is too new to
> have any decent print based references/sources
> unless you print it yourself.

Thought as much but wondered if anyone had
heard/seen any anyway..?

mscir

Oct 22, 2005, 8:58:37 PM10/22/05
Dominic Myers wrote:

How about a Google Print search

http://print.google.com/print?q=ajax+web&btnG=Search+all+books&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Mike

Dominic Myers

Oct 22, 2005, 9:20:48 PM10/22/05
"mscir" <ms...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Cheers Mike, excellent idea. Any others?

chuck

Oct 23, 2005, 1:33:15 AM10/23/05

RobG

Oct 23, 2005, 6:40:58 AM10/23/05
Dominic Myers wrote:
> At the risk of inflaming passions best left alone
> I'd like to ask a favour of the members of this
> esteemed news-group:
>
> I'm currently engaged on a dissertation which is
> investigating AJAX technologies and I was
> wondering if anyone had any references that might
> shed light on the subject?

Not a book yet, but apparently it's on the way:

<URL:http://www.ajaxpatterns.org/>

[...]

--
Rob

Joachim Zobel

Oct 23, 2005, 11:59:41 AM10/23/05
On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 01:01:39 +0100, Dominic Myers wrote:

> I'm currently engaged on a dissertation which is investigating AJAX
> technologies and I was wondering if anyone had any references that might
> shed light on the subject?

If you want to learn about what can be done with AJAX, you should know
what "Samy, their hero" did:

http://blog.outer-court.com/archive/2005-10-14-n81.html
http://namb.la/popular/tech.html

This is not in any books, of course. But it will influence the future, for
it will be repeated. The possibility is too attractive, an JS injection is
probably a rather common vulnerability.

Sincerely,
Joachim

Julian Turner

Oct 24, 2005, 2:27:00 AM10/24/05

Dominic Myers wrote:

A new book is being written by this fellow:-

http://www.nczonline.com

Julian

Julian Turner

Oct 24, 2005, 2:51:49 AM10/24/05

Julian Turner wrote:

> A new book is being written by this fellow:-
>
> http://www.nczonline.com

Sorry

http://www.nczonline.net