Access Denied Code:0

Sergio del Amo

Jun 18, 2005, 3:41:23 PM6/18/05
I implemented a Web-Site based in remote scripting with hidden frames. I
am using Javascript to provide dynamic functionality. In the machine's
local server works perfectly but when i uploaded to my hosting site i
obtain:
Error "Access Denied" Code:0

The function where i get the error is the next. Exactly in the line 31

27: function serverLoad(pX,rX)
28: {
29: var server="http://www.mydomain.com/";
30: var url = server + pX + '&return=' + rX;
31: parent.frames["Buffer"].document.location.href=url;
32: }

ulr variable contains before this line the next value:
http://www.mydomain.com/scripts/index.php?&return=afterfunction

In my local machine i was using in the line 29:
var server="http://localhost/";
And i did not have any problem. I tried also in the hosting server with
localhost with success.
I tried giving permisions to everyfile involved but i have not managed
to solve this problem. Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advanced!

Jc

Jun 18, 2005, 5:12:03 PM6/18/05

Refer to http://www.jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_19.

You are possibly accessing your website as mydomain.com (instead of
www.mydomain.com) in your browser, causing the problem
(www.mydomain.com != mydomain.com). You really don't need to be using
absolute URL's in the first place. Change it to a relative path, which
will improve the portability of your code. In your example code, simply
change server to be equal to "/".

Sergio del Amo

Jun 19, 2005, 1:05:24 PM6/19/05
> You are possibly accessing your website as mydomain.com (instead of
> www.mydomain.com) in your browser, causing the problem
> (www.mydomain.com != mydomain.com). You really don't need to be using
> absolute URL's in the first place. Change it to a relative path, which
> will improve the portability of your code. In your example code, simply
> change server to be equal to "/".

Thanks a lot!! you gave me the clue!!!