JAVA for Windows 3.1

Harold

Jun 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/10/96

I was wondering if I will be able to run Java on Windows 3.1 with win32s
extension?

Joseph Millar

Jun 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/10/96

Harold <chin...@singnet.com.sg> wrote:

> I was wondering if I will be able to run Java on Windows 3.1 with win32s
> extension?

No. You need to wait for IBM's port (or anyone else's for that matter).

--Joe

Joseph A. Millar FTP Software, Inc.
Software Engineer Ph: (508) 684-6461 100 Brickstone Square
jmi...@ftp.com Fax:(508) 684-6992 Andover, MA 01810
http://www.ftp.com USA

Jose Elias

Jun 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/10/96

Harold (chin...@singnet.com.sg) wrote:
:>I was wondering if I will be able to run Java on Windows 3.1 with win32s
:>extension?

IBM is working on a port to it (which WILL require the win32s extensions),
expect it by the fal or end of the year (although I'd recomment spending
$89 and upgrading to Win95 instead, although I don't like Win3.1 or Win95,
Win95 is a huge improvement over Win3.1).

Sincerely,

Jose'

,------------------------------------------------------. \ / .
| Jose C. Elias Give a man a fish, | ~~~~~ HaCkEr |
| hac...@bu.edu and he'll eat for a day. )Oo. |o o|--------J
| Show him how to fish, | | | |
| and he'll eat for a lifetime. | (O_O)\| |_( |
| http://vlsi.bu.edu/~hacker (unknown) | cC_| cC_|

Don Brady

Jun 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/11/96

Harold <chin...@singnet.com.sg> wrote:

>I was wondering if I will be able to run Java on Windows 3.1 with win32s
>extension?

If you just want to view java pages, then Nescape will be supporting that on
Win 3.1, supposedly this month.