The control panel strip of MediaPlayer is blank when content is playing

1 view

taowa...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2006, 6:46:17 PM7/28/06
when content is playing. All the buttons on the panel are then
invisible.

OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

Java: java version "1.5.0_06", Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard
Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05), Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build
1.5.0_06-b05, mixed

mode, sharing)

JMF: jmf-2_1_1e-windows

Web browser: IE 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519 or Firefox 1.0.7

Source code: MediaPlayerSample.java under the "JMF_samples" directory

Reproduce:
1. Run MediaPlayerSample.java as an Applet with any .wav audio file or
.avi video file
2. Click the "refresh" button of your browser (I use IE or Firefox)
until the control panel strip turns to blank.
In general, it appears within 20 clicks of "refresh" button.
Related bugs:
Bug ID: 4235319
Synopsis ControlPanel is not compatible with Swing

The URL is
http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~taowang/test_jmf/MediaPlayerSample.html
The Java code is available at
http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~taowang/test_jmf/MediaPlayerSample.java
The VIDEO file is at http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~taowang/test_jmf/1.avi
The AUDIO file is at http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~taowang/test_jmf/1.wav

Does anyone know how to correct it?
Thanks in advance!

T.W.

Knute Johnson

Jul 28, 2006, 11:52:48 PM7/28/06

T.W.:

I couldn't reproduce your problem but my system is different. It worked
fine after 30 reloads with both IE 6.0.290.2180xpsp050622-1524 and
Firefox 1.5.0.5. My computer is running XP SP2, JDK 1.6.0beta2, and
JMF2.1.1e. I don't see anything in the source code that is funky.
Sorry I couldn't help but maybe just knowing it works on another system
configuration will help.

--

Knute Johnson
email s/nospam/knute/

taowa...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2006, 1:06:13 AM8/1/06
Hi Knute Johnson:

I updated JDK to 1.6.0beta2 and found this problem disappear. Thank you
very much!

T.W.