Google Gruppi non supporta più i nuovi post o le nuove iscrizioni Usenet. I contenuti storici continuano a essere visibili.

how to switch JDK version on Windows

31 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Dmitri Ilyin

da leggere,
13 nov 2002, 06:26:5413/11/02

i have JDK 1.2.2, JDK 1.3 and JDK 1.4 on my win2000 machine, now is the
version 1.3 actual, becouse i have installed it as last.

How can i switch the actual/default version???

thanks

regards

Dmitri

Ryan Breidenbach

da leggere,
13 nov 2002, 11:41:1913/11/02
"Dmitri Ilyin" <dmitri...@gmx.net> wrote in message news:<aqtchf$4m7$1...@svr8.m-online.net>...

For what I can tell, a windows installation typically installs the JDK
as well as a Windows JRE. Whatever JDK is installed last is the what
is the effective JRE. The only thing I would suggest is reinstalling
whatever you want to be your default.

Cowboy Bob

da leggere,
13 nov 2002, 22:10:1613/11/02
Ryan Breidenbach wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can still set the JAVA_HOME in your environment
variables. Buried somewhere in the Control Panel I believe (been a LONG
time since I used Windows)

Bob

--
"All I wanted in the end was world domination and a whole lot of money to
spend" - Justin Sullivan

Registered Linux User #228620

R. Kevin Cole

da leggere,
14 nov 2002, 19:45:1714/11/02
There is also a registry key that defines the active version. This key is used
by some IDE's.

Check the value of
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit\CurrentVersion
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\CurrentVersion

in the registry.

------
kcole

rajasimha

da leggere,
15 nov 2002, 00:04:4315/11/02
you may want to do this.
My Computer --> properties --> advanced --> environment variables -->
system variables --> path.
prepend the path with the jdk directory bin that you want to use. come
back to the command prompt and try java -version n see if it is the one
you want.
-Raja

Ryan Breidenbach

da leggere,
15 nov 2002, 10:51:4115/11/02
Cowboy Bob <matt200N...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:<aquiid$d806q$1...@ID-132753.news.dfncis.de>...

> Ryan Breidenbach wrote:
>
> > "Dmitri Ilyin" <dmitri...@gmx.net> wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> i have JDK 1.2.2, JDK 1.3 and JDK 1.4 on my win2000 machine, now is the
> >> version 1.3 actual, becouse i have installed it as last.
> >>
> >> How can i switch the actual/default version???
> >>
> >> thanks
> >>
> >> regards
> >>
> >> Dmitri
> >
> > For what I can tell, a windows installation typically installs the JDK
> > as well as a Windows JRE. Whatever JDK is installed last is the what
> > is the effective JRE. The only thing I would suggest is reinstalling
> > whatever you want to be your default.
> >

> I'm pretty sure you can still set the JAVA_HOME in your environment
> variables. Buried somewhere in the Control Panel I believe (been a LONG
> time since I used Windows)
>
> Bob

Yes, but JAVA_HOME and the JRE are two different things. The JRE is
registered as an application in the Windows registry, where JAVA_HOME
is simply an environent varible. Different Java apps look for
diffenent things when starting up. For example, I am pretty sure the
Eclipse executable looks for the JRE.

As for tweaking the Windows registry, that may work, although that is
never really an attractive proposition for me ;-)

Ryan

0 nuovi messaggi