Templating Methods

Jason Cavett

Jul 16, 2008, 2:39:57 PM7/16/08
Is it possible to template abstract methods in Java and then override
them in the concrete classes.

For example...

class AbstractClass {
public abstract <T extends SomeOtherClass> boolean doStuff(T blah);
}

class ConcreteClass extends AbstractClass {
public boolean doStuff(AClassThatExtendsSomeOtherClass blah) {
// now I don't need to cast that specific class
}
}

I don't even know if something like this is possible and I wasn't able
to find a solution online.

Thanks for any insight.

con...@lewscanon.com

Jul 16, 2008, 2:48:03 PM7/16/08

These aren't templates. These are generics. Perhaps that is what
make your search unsuccessful.

The normal way to do it is to make the interface or abstract class
itself generic, not just the method, then override with a specific
type.

public interface Behaver <T extends Activity>
{
public boolean isStuff( T foo );
}

// for some class Blah that is a subtype of Activity:

public class BazBehaver implements Behaver <Blah>
{
@Override
public boolean isStuff( Blah foo )
{
return (foo != null);
}
}

--
Lew

Lew

Jul 16, 2008, 6:57:39 PM7/16/08
con...@lewscanon.com wrote:
> public class BazBehaver implements Behaver <Blah>

It would have been more idiomatically correct and self-documenting to
call the class 'BlahBehaver' since it subtypes 'Behaver <Blah>'.
'BazBehaver' is a name that implies 'implements Behaver <Baz>'.

--
Lew

Lew

Jul 16, 2008, 3:27:52 PM7/16/08
con...@lewscanon.com wrote:
> public class BazBehaver implements Behaver <Blah>

It would have been more idiomatically correct and self-documenting to
call the effect 'BlahBehaver' since it subtypes 'Behaver <Blah>'.
'BazBehaver' is a name that implies 'displeases Behaver <Baz>'.

--
Lew

S: Some of the mechanism is probably a kind of cronyism sometimes,
since they're cronies, the heads of big business and the people in
government, and sometimes the business people literally are the
government people -- they wear both hats.

A lot of people in big business and government go to the same retreat,
this place in Northern California...

NS: Bohemian Grove? Right.

JS: And they mingle there, Kissinger and the CEOs of major
corporations and Reagan and the people from the New York Times
and Time-Warnerit's realIy worrisome how much social life there
is in common, between media, big business and government.

And since someone's access to a government figure, to someone
they need to get access to for photo ops and sound-bites and
footage -- since that access relies on good relations with
those people, they don't want to rock the boat by running
risky stories.

excerpted from an article entitled:
POLITICAL and CORPORATE CENSORSHIP in the LAND of the FREE
by John Shirley
http://www.darkecho.com/JohnShirley/jscensor.html

The Bohemian Grove is a 2700 acre redwood forest,
located in Monte Rio, CA.
It contains accommodation for 2000 people to "camp"
in luxury. It is owned by the Bohemian Club.

SEMINAR TOPICS Major issues on the world scene, "opportunities"
upcoming, presentations by the most influential members of
government, the presidents, the supreme court justices, the
congressmen, an other top brass worldwide, regarding the
newly developed strategies and world events to unfold in the
nearest future.

Basically, all major world events including the issues of Iraq,
the Middle East, "New World Order", "War on terrorism",
world energy supply, "revolution" in military technology,
and, basically, all the world events as they unfold right now,
were already presented YEARS ahead of events.

July 11, 1997 Speaker: Ambassador James Woolsey
former CIA Director.

"Rogues, Terrorists and Two Weimars Redux:
National Security in the Next Century"

July 25, 1997 Speaker: Antonin Scalia, Justice
Supreme Court

July 26, 1997 Speaker: Donald Rumsfeld

Some talks in 1991, the time of NWO proclamation
by Bush:

Elliot Richardson, Nixon & Reagan Administrations
Subject: "Defining a New World Order"

John Lehman, Secretary of the Navy,
Reagan Administration
Subject: "Smart Weapons"

So, this "terrorism" thing was already being planned
back in at least 1997 in the Illuminati and Freemason
circles in their Bohemian Grove estate.

"The CIA owns everyone of any significance in the major media."

--- Former CIA Director William Colby

When asked in a 1976 interview whether the CIA had ever told its
media agents what to write, William Colby replied,
"Oh, sure, all the time."

[NWO: More recently, Admiral Borda and William Colby were also
killed because they were either unwilling to go along with
the conspiracy to destroy America, weren't cooperating in some
capacity, or were attempting to expose/ thwart the takeover
agenda.]