draw diagram in Swing

Randy Heiland

Mar 22, 2002, 1:21:09 PM3/22/02
I'd like to be able to draw a diagram (nodes connected by arrows) where
my nodes are JInternalFrames. Essentially, draw a dataflow diagram.

Suggestions?

thanks, (and pls cc me directly)
--Randy hei...@ncsa.uiuc.edu

Paul Lutus

Mar 22, 2002, 11:45:23 PM3/22/02
Randy Heiland wrote:

> I'd like to be able to draw a diagram (nodes connected by arrows) where
> my nodes are JInternalFrames. Essentially, draw a dataflow diagram.
>
> Suggestions?

Post your code and ask for help? It will be easier to help you when we see
what you have done so far.

BTW JinternalFrames might be overkill for this task. How much information,
and in what form, does the node need to display? If it is a small amount of
text, why not use a JTextAtea in a JScrollPane, using your own custom
layout manager on a JPanel container?

--
Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com

Mr. Cube

Mar 24, 2002, 4:50:22 AM3/24/02

Randy Heiland wrote:

> I'd like to be able to draw a diagram (nodes connected by arrows) where
> my nodes are JInternalFrames. Essentially, draw a dataflow diagram.
>
> Suggestions?

Yes.

Take a look at
- JGraph (http://jgraph.sourceforge.net/)