Swing library (jp.gr.java_conf.tame.swing.table) jar file needed

Chanchal

Aug 5, 2008, 1:26:40 AM8/5/08
Hello,

I have been trying to find some free java swing libraries which has a
JTable in which the cells can be merged. I came across a sample
program here http://www.codeguru.com/java/articles/139.shtml. But this
example uses a package jp.gr.java_conf.tame.swing.table. I'm not able
to find the jar containing this package. Any one here knows a location
from where i can download this package?

Also, info about other free libraries containing the same
functionality will be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Chanchal

Andrew Thompson

Aug 5, 2008, 2:48:24 AM8/5/08
On Aug 5, 3:26 pm, Chanchal <chanchal.ja...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been trying to find some free java swing libraries which has a
> JTable in which the cells can be merged. I came  across a sample
> program herehttp://www.codeguru.com/java/articles/139.shtml.

You should try reading all the way to the bottom of
the page, and following the links.

>..But this

> example uses a package  jp.gr.java_conf.tame.swing.table. I'm not able
> to find the jar containing this package.

Your search so far has not been very clever.

>..Any one here knows a location

> from where i can download this package?

Try the bottom of that very page you were looking at.
It is not available as binaries, but it looks as though
the required source is there.

> Also, info about other free libraries containing the same
> functionality will be much appreciated.

Note that the license* of the tame Swing examples is
entirely unknown. It cannot be said they are 'free',
but merely 'open source' (and sure not Capital O -
'Open Source').

* I spent a lot of time researching the possible
licensing of the tame Swing codes, but Nobuo
Tamemasa (the author) has proved to be untraceable,
and never specified a license at the time of
posting the codes to public forums. :-(

--
Andrew Thompson
http://pscode.org/

sabeer....@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2008, 11:58:37 AM8/5/08
try this
http://www.crionics.com/products/opensource/faq/swing_ex/SwingExamples.html

On Aug 5, 10:26 am, Chanchal <chanchal.ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to find some free java swing libraries which has a
> JTable in which the cells can be merged. I came  across a sample

> program herehttp://www.codeguru.com/java/articles/139.shtml. But this

Chanchal

Aug 5, 2008, 11:34:17 PM8/5/08
On Aug 5, 8:58 pm, sabeer.abdu...@gmail.com wrote:
> try thishttp://www.crionics.com/products/opensource/faq/swing_ex/SwingExample...

Thanks for the link. But when i tried to run the Groupable Header
program found the page

http://www.crionics.com/products/opensource/faq/swing_ex/JTableExamples1.html,
the output is coming like

http://picasaweb.google.com/chanchal.jacob/Java/photo#5231242198226572114

Some how the grouping of headers is not happening.Any idea how to
rectify this

Chanchal