jBoss mySQL

Bernard Koninckx

Dec 24, 2003, 5:08:02 AM12/24/03
Hello everybody,

I've some problem to configure a mySql datasource from bean side. In the
deployment descriptor for my bean. Could you help me to setup this features
from a bean descriptor deplyment, please ?

Thanks all

Bernard KONINCK

P.S.: I 've another small problem the below messages

No property editor for type: class
javax.management.ObjectName, setting
value to null rather than jboss.tm:service=TransactionManagerService
No property editor for type: class javax.management.ObjectName, setting
value to null rather than jboss.remoting:service=InterceptorAdapter
No property editor for type: class javax.management.ObjectName, setting
value to null rather than jboss.tm:service=TxLogger
No property editor for type: class javax.management.ObjectName, setting
value to null rather than jboss.tm:service=XidFactory
No property editor for type: class javax.management.ObjectName, setting
value to null rather than jboss.tm:service=TxLogger
No property editor for type: class javax.management.ObjectName, setting
value to null rather than jboss.tm:service=TransactionManagerService
No property editor for type: class javax.management.ObjectName, setting
value to null rather than jboss.jca:service=CachedConnectionManager

are already displayed when I launch my client application.
How can I do to haven't displaying those messages ?

Marek Lange

Dec 26, 2003, 5:30:58 PM12/26/03
Bernard Koninckx schrieb:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I've some problem to configure a mySql datasource from bean side. In the
> deployment descriptor for my bean. Could you help me to setup this features
> from a bean descriptor deplyment, please ?

I assume the db is working (a -service.xml (3.0) or -ds-xml (3.2) file
was deployed correctly). See jbosscmp-jdbc.xml to setup a database. You
can overwrite the default file
$JBOSS_HOME/conf/standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml (not recommended) or include
your own file in META-INF of your application archive e.g.

<jbosscmp-jdbc>
<defaults>
<datasource>java:/mySqlDS</datasource>
<datasource-mapping>mySQL</datasource-mapping>
<create-table>true</create-table>
<remove-table>false</remove-table>
</defaults>
<enterprise-beans>
<entity>
<ejb-name>Entity1</ejb-name>
<cmp-field>
<field-name>entity1Id</field-name>
<column-name>DL_ID</column-name>
</cmp-field>
<cmp-field>
<field-name>entity1Description</field-name>
<column-name>DL_DESCRIPTION</column-name>
</cmp-field>
</entity>
</enterprise-beans>
</jbosscmp-jdbc>

You can use the <defaults> tag to setup a default db which is valid for
all beans. Or use the <datasource> tag in the bean declaration itself
(e.g. if it uses another db).

Alternatively, if you want to keep your application completely
independant of the application server, you can work with resource
references to the db in ejb-jar.xml. This implies that only the
java:/comp jndi context is used (which is an isolated context for the
bean). The example before would use the global jndi context of JBoss.

> P.S.: I 've another small problem the below messages
> No property editor for type: class
> javax.management.ObjectName, setting
> value to null rather than jboss.tm:service=TransactionManagerService
> No property editor for type: class javax.management.ObjectName, setting
> value to null rather than jboss.remoting:service=InterceptorAdapter
> No property editor for type: class javax.management.ObjectName, setting
> value to null rather than jboss.tm:service=TxLogger
> No property editor for type: class javax.management.ObjectName, setting
> value to null rather than jboss.tm:service=XidFactory
> No property editor for type: class javax.management.ObjectName, setting
> value to null rather than jboss.tm:service=TxLogger
> No property editor for type: class javax.management.ObjectName, setting
> value to null rather than jboss.tm:service=TransactionManagerService
> No property editor for type: class javax.management.ObjectName, setting
> value to null rather than jboss.jca:service=CachedConnectionManager
>
> are already displayed when I launch my client application.
> How can I do to haven't displaying those messages ?

This seems to be a problem with the property files you used. JBoss can't
find a suitable property editor for it. You need to provide more
information what you are trying to do here.

-marek