Time for McNealy to go

Dan MacKenzie

Oct 23, 2002, 7:27:30 PM10/23/02
He said this ?

"Give us an airplane, we'll crash it into a building, us CEO types,"
he said sarcastically.

http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/021023/1312000790_1.html

Does that man realize that he's the leader of 34,000 employees ?
There is nothing good that can come from a such a statement. Sun's
problems can only get worse while he's at the top.

It's time for Scott McNealy to go home and take a nice long rest.
Perhaps his head has crashed into the boards one too many times in
those ice hockey games he plays.

JavaRulez

Oct 23, 2002, 7:44:26 PM10/23/02
On 23 Oct 2002 16:27:30 -0700, dani...@attbi.com (Dan MacKenzie)
wrote:

>He said this ?
>
>"Give us an airplane, we'll crash it into a building, us CEO types,"
>he said sarcastically.

Quite an insensitive thing to say too.... couldn't he have come up
with something else?

The guy really is a loon.

"Earnings are an opinion, cash is a fact," McNealy told the crowd.

The stock price is also a fact and that fact is currently $2.72.

JTK

Oct 24, 2002, 2:14:44 AM10/24/02
Dan MacKenzie wrote:
> He said this ?
>
> "Give us an airplane, we'll crash it into a building, us CEO types,"
> he said sarcastically.

"...saying he's seen CEO behavior equated to terrorism in some media
reports."

I've seen no such reports. If there are any, I would expect them to
mention Scott McNealy by name in the headline.

> http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/021023/1312000790_1.html

Jesus Go-Out-In-A-Massive-Explosion-Of-Insanity Christ.

But you're not giving the people some of the best parts! Dear Reader,
the article is entitled... sit down for this one...:

"Sun Micro CEO Criticizes Financial Analysts, News Media"

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!!!!!

Now why would Li'l Scotty McNealy be doing that?:

"
McNealy, speaking at a Vignette Corp. customer conference here, said
most analysts had "raging buy" ratings on Sun Microsystems several years
ago when it was trading at "10 times revenue." Now, with the stock
valued at closer to 50% of its annual revenue, most analysts have hold
ratings on it, he pointed out.
"

Huh. So what Scotty is saying is that he SHOULD have been bitching
about the analysts and media several years ago, and he's bitching now
only because they've rated SUNW as a "hold" and not as a
"save-yourself-its-too-late-for-me!"

"
He said he's been urging his own employees to "go illiterate" and not
read business news reports.
"

Wow, bet that's a real sales-booster at the ol' customer conferences: "I
tell my employees to bury their heads in the sand. If you don't see the
boat sinking, you won't be so eager to dump your stock, and that'll give
me more time to dump mine! I also tell them that they really don't need
to be able to read anyway: when you show up for work and the door's
bolted, you'll know we've finally been put out of our misery!"

"
McNealy maintained that both his company and Vignette have strong cash
positions - despite their losses and disappointing revenue trends - and
will be survivors when a rebound comes.
[...]
Revenue fell 4%, to $2.75 billion, which was lower than Wall Street's
expectations and Sun Microsystem's own target of $2.86 billion.
[...]
Sun Microsystems also announced plans last week to lay off an additional
11%, or 4,400, of its employees, including 1,000 announced at the end of
August.
"

Pfhht, numbers, huh, what do numbers tell you anyway? The next time
that internet bubble comes around, we'll be sittin' pretty! Just let me
lay off a few more people here... and a few... here... and this one...
there....

> Does that man realize that he's the leader of 34,000 employees ?

McNealy doesn't even know his own name anymore. He's completely senile
if he's doing this kind of BS.

> There is nothing good that can come from a such a statement. Sun's
> problems can only get worse while he's at the top.
>
> It's time for Scott McNealy to go home and take a nice long rest.

No, it's time for Scotty Mac to be put in a nursing home, where he can
live out the rest of his days in a wonderful dementia-borne delirium in
which he's destroyed Microsoft. Not his own company. Not himself.

> Perhaps his head has crashed into the boards one too many times in
> those ice hockey games he plays.

Oh for Christ's sake! Why didn't anybody tell me he played hockey!?!?!?
Guess that explains the "teeth". And here I was thinking the whole
time that dentists had invented artificial shit-eating grins.