Doc string

andrea

Mar 21, 2008, 8:24:50 AM3/21/08
I really like the feature (in other languages like python) which shows
you the doc string for a function or object.

For example if I type from the python interpreter:

>> help(function)
I get the docstring of function defined as

def function():
""" docstring for function"""

Is it possible to have something similar in haskell??
The type of the object is very useful, but a little comment would be
even better...

jw

Mar 22, 2008, 5:07:51 AM3/22/08
On Mar 21, 1:24 pm, andrea <kerny...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to have something similar in haskell??

I like that idea. I submitted it as a ghci feature request

Best regards, J. W.

andrea

Mar 22, 2008, 9:20:45 AM3/22/08
On 22 Mar, 10:07, jw <waldm...@imn.htwk-leipzig.de> wrote:
> On Mar 21, 1:24 pm, andrea <kerny...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to have something similar in haskell??
>
> I like that idea. I submitted it as a ghci feature requesthttp://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/2168
>
> Best regards, J. W.

Ok thanks a lot, I hope it will be considered, it shouldn't be too
difficult to add...