Looking for some Fortran analysis tools

Joe Willmann

May 8, 2007, 3:15:07 PM5/8/07
I just transfered into a program with a huge Fortan file base. I am looking
for some static analysis tools to help me get my hands around this problem.

I have found a product named "Understanding Fortran" at
http://www.scitools.com/products/understand/fortran/product.php online and
it looks interesting.

Does anyone:
1) Have experience using the product
2) Have a copy within the company I can get and use.
3) Offer a better alternative

Any help would be apreciated.
Thanks

Bil Kleb

May 8, 2007, 4:40:07 PM5/8/07
Joe Willmann wrote:
> I just transfered into a program with a huge Fortan file base. I am looking
> for some static analysis tools to help me get my hands around this problem.

See also

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.fortran/browse_frm/thread/532b27406d6d9ccb

Regards,
--
Bil Kleb
http://funit.rubyforge.org

ian_d_...@yahoo.co.uk

May 8, 2007, 4:58:16 PM5/8/07
our fortran resource file has details of some offerings.

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/kis/support/cit/fortran/pdfs/fortran_resources.pdf

our home page is

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/kis/support/cit/fortran/

understanding fortran seems to be a recent entrant.

you might also like a look at

http://www.sesp.cse.clrc.ac.uk/Presentations/SESP/sld001.htm

hope this helps.

Ian

On 8 May, 20:15, "Joe Willmann" <leroy.j.willm...@boeing.com> wrote:
> I just transfered into a program with a huge Fortan file base. I am looking
> for some static analysis tools to help me get my hands around this problem.
>

> I have found a product named "Understanding Fortran" athttp://www.scitools.com/products/understand/fortran/product.phponline and

Beliavsky

May 8, 2007, 5:25:49 PM5/8/07
On May 8, 4:58 pm, ian_d_chiv...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> our fortran resource file has details of some offerings.
>
> http://www.kcl.ac.uk/kis/support/cit/fortran/pdfs/fortran_resources.pdf

At the Open Directory,

Fortran: Tools: Code Analysis
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Languages/Fortran/Tools/Code_Analysis/

and the parent category have many links.