VO2.8 SP4

Jack Konings

Jul 7, 2012, 3:47:09 AM7/7/12
Just to let you know, Brain annonced that VO2.8 SP4 will be released on
tuesday july 10.

Greetings,

Jack

Rene,

VO 2.8 SP4 is not publicly available yet.

We are close enough that I can tell you it will be released on July 10,
2012.

All information about VO 2.8 SP4 will be posted on that day.

Brian

richard.townsendrose

Jul 7, 2012, 4:05:56 AM7/7/12
Brian

Please don't forget the report pro 2.x embedded designer

Richard

PS I still have the rp1 pre-release disks !
it really has earned its keep for us and simply put remains one of the
most powerful reporting enginer around.

Willie Moore

Jul 7, 2012, 5:35:49 AM7/7/12
Richard,

I did a bit of the work on rp2 for 2.8sp4. The designer works! Once I had
everything compiling, I turned it back over to Grafx so they could do their
internal testing.

Regards,
Willie
Vulcan VIP

"richard.townsendrose" wrote in message

richard.townsendrose

Jul 8, 2012, 5:39:00 AM7/8/12
Willie

> I did a bit of the work on rp2 for 2.8sp4. The designer works! Once I had
> everything compiling, I turned it back over to Grafx so they could do their
> internal testing.

thats the embedded designer aef's and dll's

this is very importmat to us as it allows the users to tweak their own
reports, and we pass the data dictionary to reportpro
e.g.

METHOD GetReportFiles() CLASS MainWindow
LOCAL oReportFiles AS DataFiles
LOCAL aReportFiles AS ARRAY
LOCAL cSpoolPath AS STRING

// standard tables
oReportFiles:=DataFiles{}
aReportFiles:=oReportFiles:DataFiles

IF DirExists(SysObject():GetSet(SpoolPath))
cSpoolPath:=SysObject():GetSet(SpoolPath)
ELSE
RETURN aReportFiles
ENDIF

IF DirExists(SysObject():GetSet(RPTPath)+'Extract_Tables\')
cSpoolPath:=SysObject():GetSet(RPTPath)+'Extract_Tables\'
ENDIF

// add extract tables
// tech docs
AAdd(aReportFiles, {cSpoolPath + "DOCISX.dbf", "Issues Report
Extract", "DBFCDX", FALSE} )
AAdd(aReportFiles, {cSpoolPath + "DOCIVX.dbf", "Others Documents
Report Extract", "DBFCDX", FALSE} )
AAdd(aReportFiles, {cSpoolPath + "DOCRVX.dbf", "Own Documents
Report Extract", "DBFCDX", FALSE} )
AAdd(aReportFiles, {cSpoolPath + "DOCTSX.dbf", "Matrix Report
Extract", "DBFCDX", FALSE} )
AAdd(aReportFiles, {cSpoolPath + "DOCTSD.dbf", "Issues Report
Extract", "DBFCDX", FALSE} )
AAdd(aReportFiles, {cSpoolPath + "DOCOX.dbf", "Own Browse
Report", "DBFCDX", FALSE} ) // list updated 05jun10
AAdd(aReportFiles, {cSpoolPath + "DOCIX.dbf", "Others Browse
Report", "DBFCDX", FALSE} )
AAdd(aReportFiles, {cSpoolPath + "DOCRQ_X.dbf", "SDRS Report",
"DBFCDX", FALSE} )
AAdd(aReportFiles, {cSpoolPath + "TNOTELBL.dbf", "Transmittal
Notes", "DBFCDX", FALSE} )

// gen docs
AAdd(aReportFiles, {cSpoolPath + "DOCPF_A.dbf", "Process Flow
Item", "DBFCDX", FALSE} )
AAdd(aReportFiles, {cSpoolPath + "DOCPF_X.dbf", "Process Flow
Report", "DBFCDX", FALSE} )

// wp docs
AAdd(aReportFiles, {cSpoolPath + "DOCKWP.dbf", "Keywords Report",
"DBFCDX", FALSE} )

// misc
AAdd(aReportFiles, {cSpoolPath + "STRREP.dbf", "Miscellaneous
[String] Reports", "DBFCDX", FALSE} )
// IPDocs
// DOCST_*

RETURN aReportFiles

thats gets the data dictionary,
and here it used in the embedded designer.

IF ! Empty(oDialog:Filename)

oReport:=RpReport{SELF,aReportFiles,GetDefault()} // initialize
RpReport AS the designer...
oReport:LoadRpt(oDialog:Filename) // load the report from file...
IF oReport:IsValid
AAdd(SELF:aChildWindows, oReport)
ELSE
oReport:EndWindow() // CAL 110702 close() // compiles ok
//oReport:close()
ENDIF

ELSE
// notify that path invalid.