rightSLE 2.7g2 posted

Willie Moore

Oct 9, 2005, 11:19:38 AM10/9/05
All,

rightSLE 2.7g2 is posted on my web site (www.wmconsulting.com). This should
fix the errors with invalid dates. It also makes rightSLE much more freindly
with bBrowser. If you set a bBrowser column to a dateSLE, it will properly
show the calendar now instead of giving you a runtime error.

Here is a code snippet in how to use rightSLE in bbrowser.

METHOD cellEdit(oEvent) class myClass
// Callback-Method for cell editing
LOCAL oColumn AS bDataColumn

IF oEvent:EditMode=BEDIT_CREATE
// The edit control shall be created
IF InList(oColumn:ValType, "N", "D")
oEvent:EditControl :=
SELF:oDCBrowser:EditCreate(oEvent:EditCell:Column, oEvent:EditCell:Row,
oEvent:EditCell:RecNo, iif
(oColumn:ValType="N",#RightSLE,#DateSle))
ENDIF

Regards,

Willie

Stefano

Oct 10, 2005, 10:23:32 AM10/10/05
Il Sun, 9 Oct 2005 10:19:38 -0500, Willie Moore ha scritto:

Thans Willie, very appraciated.
Two issue though about dateSLE on a bBrowser column:
1) the calendar doesn't show up if you call it from context menu. Same
problem with 'Today...'
2) Once the caledar is shown double clicking on a date doesn't work, on the
other hand the <Enter> key works.

best regards

Stefano

Williem

Oct 10, 2005, 2:50:27 PM10/10/05
Stefano,

I will look at the context menu issue. As far as the doubleclicking
goes, please do a touch all on rightSLE and then recompile. I have
noticed that you have to do this or thr double click does not work.

Regards,

Willie

Mike Pitcher

Oct 11, 2005, 2:14:44 AM10/11/05
Does anyone have an explanation for why on occasion we have to touch a
library, even though it has compiled cleanly, before it will work
properly? I have a list of things that I do if something that ought to
work stops working:
1. Touch all
2. Re-index
3. Export, delete and re-import a module
4. Export, delete and re-import an AEF

Mike

Roger Lawton

Oct 11, 2005, 8:41:33 AM10/11/05
Mike:

I do not have an answer to this only affirmation. This is one scary bug in
my opinion. When we are testing now the first thing we do when something
does not quite work right is to touch, reindex, recompile. Most of the time
it works (some times we actually have errors in our code <g>).

Don't know why but it is quite annoying.

--
Roger Lawton
Product Manager

"Mike Pitcher" <mike_no_sp...@pamuk.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

rtr - www.tdoc.net

Oct 11, 2005, 12:11:49 PM10/11/05
Roger, Mike

Clean Build its called.

I find this sudddenly happens, and on eof the signs is an UNLINKED
library suddenly showing it needs to be recompiled.

So its quickest to export all aefs, delete repo, import, touch, and
build each lib one at a time. then its stable sometimes for three
months, sometimes for only a few hours ...

editing Close() methods seems to me to be one thing that triggers this
behaviour - but that usually means i have added or removed or inserted
a dbf instantiation somewhere....

anyway - its no problem.

17:00 - need a pint....

r t-r

Willie Moore

Oct 11, 2005, 5:56:07 PM10/11/05
Mike,

I wish I knew why it was happening but I usually see it when I delete
rightSLE and then re-add it. If I create a new repo and VOPP import the
aefss, I do not see the issue.

Regards,

Willie

Stefano

Oct 12, 2005, 4:08:53 AM10/12/05
Il 10 Oct 2005 11:50:27 -0700, Williem ha scritto:

> Stefano,
>
> I will look at the context menu issue. As far as the doubleclicking
> goes, please do a touch all on rightSLE and then recompile. I have
> noticed that you have to do this or thr double click does not work.

Willie,

thanks! it worked.
Just wondering why this happen.

--