seebs/schildt I

1 view

the...@nospam.net

Apr 10, 2010, 10:31:37 AM4/10/10
Schildt: Convivial. His place is at a table with great friends, good food,
and the finest
wines. Friendly, gracious, and at ease in any social cicumstance.

Seebs: Asperberger's. Even online he is unable to get along with humans.
Absurdist joke posts to comp.lang.c are met with tedious analysis and
humorless
deconstruction.

Moi

Apr 10, 2010, 11:26:50 AM4/10/10
On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 10:31:37 -0400, thegist wrote:

> Schildt: Convivial. His place is at a table with great friends, good
> food, and the finest
> wines. Friendly, gracious, and at ease in any social cicumstance.

Only because there are no programmers among his friends.

> Seebs: Asperberger's. Even online he is unable to get along with humans.
> Absurdist joke posts to comp.lang.c are met with tedious analysis and
> humorless
> deconstruction.

Humorless: only to them who don't understand programming.
Programmers may actually consider him witty.

AvK

Seebs

Apr 10, 2010, 1:28:15 PM4/10/10
On 2010-04-10, Moi <ro...@invalid.address.org> wrote:
> Humorless: only to them who don't understand programming.

Not even that. One of the reasons people in general get along with me
is that I'm actually pretty funny. Often intentionally!

-s
--
Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed. Peter Seebach / usenet...@seebs.net

Sjouke Burry

Apr 10, 2010, 1:59:44 PM4/10/10
Seebs wrote:
> On 2010-04-10, Moi <ro...@invalid.address.org> wrote:
>> Humorless: only to them who don't understand programming.
>
> Not even that. One of the reasons people in general get along with me
> is that I'm actually pretty funny. Often intentionally!

Now THATS REALLY funny!!!!!

Richard Harter

Apr 10, 2010, 2:03:38 PM4/10/10
On 10 Apr 2010 17:28:15 GMT, Seebs <usenet...@seebs.net>
wrote:

>On 2010-04-10, Moi <ro...@invalid.address.org> wrote:
>> Humorless: only to them who don't understand programming.
>
>Not even that. One of the reasons people in general get along with me
>is that I'm actually pretty funny. Often intentionally!

I must say that your posts are often quite witty. :-)

Richard Harter, c...@tiac.net
http://home.tiac.net/~cri, http://www.varinoma.com
It's not much to ask of the universe that it be fair;
it's not much to ask but it just doesn't happen.

Seebs

Apr 10, 2010, 3:11:39 PM4/10/10
On 2010-04-10, Richard Harter <c...@tiac.net> wrote:
> On 10 Apr 2010 17:28:15 GMT, Seebs <usenet...@seebs.net>
> wrote:
>>Not even that. One of the reasons people in general get along with me
>>is that I'm actually pretty funny. Often intentionally!

> I must say that your posts are often quite witty. :-)

Is this like "I must say that I had a wonderful time"?

Richard Harter

Apr 10, 2010, 3:28:30 PM4/10/10
On 10 Apr 2010 19:11:39 GMT, Seebs <usenet...@seebs.net>
wrote:

>On 2010-04-10, Richard Harter <c...@tiac.net> wrote:
>> On 10 Apr 2010 17:28:15 GMT, Seebs <usenet...@seebs.net>
>> wrote:
>>>Not even that. One of the reasons people in general get along with me
>>>is that I'm actually pretty funny. Often intentionally!
>
>> I must say that your posts are often quite witty. :-)
>
>Is this like "I must say that I had a wonderful time"?

Not at all. The words are the same but the meanings are
different.