What is X3J11?

Garrett Fitzgerald

Mar 6, 1989, 9:29:25 PM3/6/89
Could someone please explain what X3J11 is? I get the general idea, but I want
to know exactly what it stands for. Thanks in advance to the twelve ppl who
will post the answer at about the same time....

Doug Gwyn

Mar 7, 1989, 9:32:02 PM3/7/89
In article <14...@brunix.UUCP> cs13...@cslab1e.UUCP (Garrett Fitzgerald) writes:
>Could someone please explain what X3J11 is?

X3J11 is the committee (working under the auspices of the CBEMA X3
Secretariat) tasked with drafting the ANSI standard for the C
programming language.

Maarten Litmaath

Mar 9, 1989, 11:59:45 AM3/9/89
gw...@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) writes:

Inquiring minds want to know what the `X' stands for, what the `3' stands for,
etc.
--
Those against Rushdie haven't |Maarten Litmaath @ VU Amsterdam:
learned anything from the Dark Ages. |ma...@cs.vu.nl, mcvax!botter!maart