How to write a murder-program in C ???

Ed Zagmoon

Nov 30, 2006, 12:14:49 AM11/30/06
I want to write a program that can kill people in C. Something
that will display flashing colors or fractal pictures that will
overload the brains of my victims so that they die.

But, how can I write such a deadly program?

I want to be the meanest mass-murderer of them all and
I don't want to be captured by the cops.

Please help me to achieve my goal and I won't kill you!!!

santosh

Nov 30, 2006, 12:24:32 AM11/30/06

Easy, just keep invoking undefined behaviour. Sooner or later your
"Hamlet" is bound to be realised, though it may not be to your liking.

Miles Davis

Nov 30, 2006, 3:02:08 AM11/30/06
Anyway, I appreciate your idea.

Chris Johnson

Nov 30, 2006, 4:07:12 AM11/30/06

Sorry, we don't do homework for you.
Please consult the FAQ.

Santosh Nayak

Nov 30, 2006, 4:21:52 AM11/30/06

You have posted in the wrong group.
The correct group is as follows:
alt.society.mental-health
(http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.society.mental-health/topics?lnk=srg)

dco...@connx.com

Nov 30, 2006, 4:47:54 AM11/30/06

You have to use PASM for that.

Random832

Nov 30, 2006, 10:23:52 AM11/30/06
2006-11-30 <1164863689.8...@l39g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,

Ed Zagmoon wrote:
> I want to write a program that can kill people in C. Something
> that will display flashing colors or fractal pictures that will
> overload the brains of my victims so that they die.

You might find the information you need in the comp.basilisk FAQ.

Random832

Nov 30, 2006, 10:28:14 AM11/30/06
Ed Zagmoon wrote:
> I want to write a program that can kill people in C. Something
> that will display flashing colors or fractal pictures that will
> overload the brains of my victims so that they die.

You might find the information you need in the comp.basilisk FAQ.

See
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.lclogic.com/comp.basilisk.faq.html

Frederick Gotham

Nov 30, 2006, 12:09:54 PM11/30/06
Ed Zagmoon:

Here's an excerpt from a Borland compiler manual that might aid you:

7 Hz is the resonant frequency of a

chicken's skull cavity. This was determined

empirically in Australia, where a new factory

generating 7-Hz tones was located too close to a

chicken ranch: When the factory started up, all the

chickens died.

Your PC may not be able to emit a 7-Hz tone.

--

Frederick Gotham

Spiros Bousbouras

Nov 30, 2006, 4:07:00 PM11/30/06
Ed Zagmoon wrote:
> I want to write a program that can kill people in C. Something
> that will display flashing colors or fractal pictures that will
> overload the brains of my victims so that they die.
>
> But, how can I write such a deadly program?

The C standard has no provision for creating graphics so
you cannot achieve your goal using standard C. I recommend
asking the same question on a newsgroup which deals with
your platform.

Ben Pfaff

Nov 30, 2006, 4:42:56 PM11/30/06
"Ed Zagmoon" <sparta...@yahoo.com> writes:

> I want to write a program that can kill people in C. Something
> that will display flashing colors or fractal pictures that will
> overload the brains of my victims so that they die.

C is the wrong programming language for this task. You want to
write your program in Flash.
--
Ben Pfaff
email: b...@cs.stanford.edu

Gordon Burditt

Nov 30, 2006, 5:08:12 PM11/30/06
>I want to write a program that can kill people in C. Something

Run just about any newbie C program on a DeathStation 9000.
In particular, look for code containing stuff like "void main"
and "fflush(stdin)" and "i = i++ + ++i;".

>that will display flashing colors or fractal pictures that will
>overload the brains of my victims so that they die.

Any decent newsreader for USENET will do that. You'd have much
better luck having the program launch nuclear missiles.

>But, how can I write such a deadly program?

>I want to be the meanest mass-murderer of them all and
>I don't want to be captured by the cops.

In that case, I suggest you BECOME a cop.

Charlton Wilbur

Nov 30, 2006, 5:05:04 PM11/30/06

BP> "Ed Zagmoon" <sparta...@yahoo.com> writes:
>> I want to write a program that can kill people in C. Something
>> that will display flashing colors or fractal pictures that will
>> overload the brains of my victims so that they die.

BP> C is the wrong programming language for this task. You want
BP> to write your program in Flash.

Flash, and brain-dead people. Correlation, or causation?

Charlton

--
Charlton Wilbur
cwi...@chromatico.net

Richard Heathfield

Nov 30, 2006, 5:24:55 PM11/30/06
[alt.recipes.babies removed for obvious reasons]

Spiros Bousbouras said:

> Ed Zagmoon wrote:
>> I want to write a program that can kill people in C. Something
>> that will display flashing colors or fractal pictures that will
>> overload the brains of my victims so that they die.
>>
>> But, how can I write such a deadly program?
>
> The C standard has no provision for creating graphics

That isn't exactly true. I've created (and edited) graphics images (.bmp
format) using clc-conforming C[1]. It is even possible to /display/
graphics using standard C if you're content with text art. :-)

[1] ...by which I mean that it could probably be nit-picked, but not very
much...

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

Zara

Dec 1, 2006, 1:46:21 AM12/1/06

..or president of US, Israel...

sunny

Dec 1, 2006, 1:59:05 AM12/1/06
Just DO Simple C programming in WINDOWS OS, u often see (BLUE) flash
screen
and user will do suicide for using it.

sunny

Dec 1, 2006, 1:59:03 AM12/1/06
Just DO Simple C programming in WINDOWS OS, u often see (BLUE) flash
screen
and user will do suicide for using it.

goose

Dec 1, 2006, 3:44:19 AM12/1/06
Ed Zagmoon wrote:
> I want to write a program that can kill people in C. Something
> that will display flashing colors or fractal pictures that will
> overload the brains of my victims so that they die.
>
> But, how can I write such a deadly program?
>
> I want to be the meanest mass-murderer of them all and
> I don't want to be captured by the cops.

Pardon my ignorance, but just how do you intend to test it?

bash> gcc -o murder murder.c
bash> ./murder
<BZZZZZZZZZTT>
<sound of lifeless body hitting the floor>

> Please help me to achieve my goal and I won't kill you!!!

But will you *haunt* me?

goose,
the in-the-struct-able

Frederick Gotham

Dec 1, 2006, 3:11:55 PM12/1/06
sunny:

> Just DO Simple C programming in WINDOWS OS, u often see (BLUE) flash
> screen
> and user will do suicide for using it.

It's quite easy to get the blue screen up:

int main(void)
{
*(int*)7492 = 5;
}

You might even say that the behaviour is perfectly well defined on Windows.

--

Frederick Gotham

goose

Dec 1, 2006, 3:27:21 PM12/1/06

Frederick Gotham wrote:

> It's quite easy to get the blue screen up:
>
> int main(void)
> {
> *(int*)7492 = 5;
> }

I may be way off base here, but I doubt that that will produce
a blue-screen-of-death on any nt-based windows (NT, 2k, 2k3, XP).

Unless, of course, there is something remarkable about that particular
address.

goose,

jaysome

Dec 2, 2006, 2:31:51 AM12/2/06
On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 20:11:55 GMT, Frederick Gotham
<fgot...@SPAM.com> wrote:

>sunny:
>
>> Just DO Simple C programming in WINDOWS OS, u often see (BLUE) flash
>> screen
>> and user will do suicide for using it.
>

>It's quite easy to get the blue screen up:

Wrong.

> int main(void)
> {
> *(int*)7492 = 5;
> }
>
>You might even say that the behaviour is perfectly well defined on Windows.

It *is* perfectly well defined. On Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2K/XP/VISTA,
you will not get a blue screen. Instead (at least with Microsoft
VC++), you will get an error message box containing cordially worded
verbage to the effect that the program committed an illegal operation.

With Windows XP, the dialog box contains a button labeled "Send Error
Report" (to Microsoft). I've always wondered what information it would
send and what Microsoft would do with it, for programs like the above.

Best regards
--
jay

Peter Shaggy Haywood

Dec 4, 2006, 12:22:21 AM12/4/06
In an LSD induced hallucination Ed Zagmoon was jivin' on 29 Nov 2006
21:14:49 -0800 in comp.lang.c.
How to write a murder-program in C ???'s a bad trip! Dig it!

>I want to write a program that can kill people in C. Something
>that will display flashing colors or fractal pictures that will
>overload the brains of my victims so that they die.

Oh hell! Just use a gun like everyone else.

http://alphalink.com.au/~phaywood/

matevzb

Dec 5, 2006, 3:15:05 AM12/5/06
jaysome wrote:
<snip>

> >It's quite easy to get the blue screen up:
>
> Wrong.
>
> > int main(void)
> > {
> > *(int*)7492 = 5;
> > }
> >
> >You might even say that the behaviour is perfectly well defined on Windows.
>
> It *is* perfectly well defined. On Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2K/XP/VISTA,
> you will not get a blue screen. Instead (at least with Microsoft
> VC++), you will get an error message box containing cordially worded
> verbage to the effect that the program committed an illegal operation.

<snip>

Indeed, but this one used to do the trick on all Windows (not sure
about XP and 2003):
#include <stdio.h>
int
main (void)
{
for(int i=1; i<10; i++)
printf("\t\t\b\b\b\b\b\b");
}

--
WYCIWYG - what you C is what you get

Dave Thompson

Dec 18, 2006, 2:22:47 AM12/18/06
On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 23:31:51 -0800, jaysome <jay...@spamcop.net>
wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 20:11:55 GMT, Frederick Gotham
> <fgot...@SPAM.com> wrote:

> > *(int*)7492 = 5;

> With Windows XP, the dialog box contains a button labeled "Send Error
> Report" (to Microsoft). I've always wondered what information it would

Not if disabled or suitably restricted under [Settings /] ControlPanel
/ System (or MyComputer Properties) / Advanced / Error Reporting.

> send and what Microsoft would do with it, for programs like the above.

Wouldn't you like to know? <G>

- David.Thompson1 at worldnet.att.net