c source

1 view

fegge

Jun 18, 2006, 9:36:44 PM6/18/06
i have known the basics of c, and i want to read some source someone
else has written to improve, also i want to practice to write my own.
where can i download them?

Andrew Poelstra

Jun 19, 2006, 12:07:18 AM6/19/06

Read through this group for a few weeks and read any code Chuck Falconer,
Keith Thompson, or Richard Heathfield posts.

There are others, but those three are both (almost) always correct and post
very frequently.

--
Andrew Poelstra < http://www.wpsoftware.net/blog >
To email me, use "apoelstra" at the above address.

sathyashrayan

Jun 19, 2006, 2:05:27 AM6/19/06
In article <1150681004.7...@y41g2000cwy.googlegroups.com>,
caosh...@gmail.com says...

> i have known the basics of c, and i want to read some source someone
> else has written to improve, also i want to practice to write my own.
> where can i download them?

http://www.cs.umu.se/~isak/snippets/

A nice collections of C programs.

Richard Heathfield

Jun 19, 2006, 3:38:28 AM6/19/06
sathyashrayan said:

Most of which appear to have been lifted from http://www.snippets.org - I
wonder whether was that with, or without, permission?

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

CBFalconer

Jun 19, 2006, 4:40:50 AM6/19/06
Richard Heathfield wrote:

> sathyashrayan said:
>> caosh...@gmail.com says...
>
>>> i have known the basics of c, and i want to read some source
>>> someone else has written to improve, also i want to practice to
>>> write my own. where can i download them?
>>>
>> http://www.cs.umu.se/~isak/snippets/
>>
>> A nice collections of C programs.
>
> Most of which appear to have been lifted from http://www.snippets.org
> - I wonder whether was that with, or without, permission?

Which reminds me - both Bob Stout and Dan Pop seem to have
disappeared from the face of the earth. Does anyone know what
happened to them?

-- Francis Crick, co-discover of DNA
-- Thomas Matthews

Morris Dovey

Jun 19, 2006, 8:23:43 AM6/19/06
fegge (in 1150681004.7...@y41g2000cwy.googlegroups.com) said:

You're welcome to download C sources from the directory below. Most of
the code (but not all) is fairly elementary.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Arild Hystad

Jun 21, 2006, 10:03:38 PM6/21/06

http://en.literateprograms.org/Category:Programming_language:C

This is a collection of downloadable C code written as literate programs.

--

Arild Hystad

pete

Jun 22, 2006, 4:26:55 PM6/22/06
Arild Hystad wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 18:36:44 -0700, fegge wrote:
>
> > i have known the basics of c, and i want to read some source someone
> > else has written to improve,
> > also i want to practice to write my own.

Your first assignment:
Fix the code shown for
Newton-Raphson's method for root finding (C)
at
http://en.literateprograms.org/Newton-Raphson%27s_method_for_root_finding_%28C%29

The shown code can't find the square root
of numbers greater than zero but less than one.
It also can't find the square root of INT_MAX
or numbers close to it.

--
pete